Tall Person issue….Drivers Seat…

I think it’s down to individual needs- I’m just under 6ft but have the seat as high as it will go and the seat back almost vertical. It may just be what you’re used to, I noticed @Ali-G is an hgv driver and although I’m not my dad was so I’ve spent a lot of time in trucks and like the high upright driving position.

I'm 6'1". My seat is in the lowest position and 3 notches in from its furthest back position. The backrest is quite upright. The steering wheel is as far out as it will go and at a height where I can see the clocks through it. With a straight arm in the 12 o clock position, you should be able to droop your wrist over it.

I can drive all day long in the van, and only have stiff thighs. Lack of under thigh support is an issue for me in all vehicles. I've just driven 2.5 hours in the Tig, and ache like I do when I get home from a 100 mile bike ride.

The pedals are at a weird position compared to a car seating position. It's always a compromise for me, and I'm average shape

I’m 6ft 7", I find the van quite comfy with the seat as far back as possible and at 3/4 height, I’d go higher but then I’d have to duck slightly.

I do have Sportskraft swivels on both seats which raises the seats about 2 inches.

I’m 6ft 7", I find the van quite comfy with the seat as far back as possible and at 3/4 height, I’d go higher but then I’d have to duck slightly.

I do have Sportskraft swivels on both seats which raises the seats about 2 inches.
That's really interesting that you have the seat 3/4 of the way up
I'm an inch shorter than you, and I naturally have always gone for the seat at its lowest and forward one notch from furthest back.
I find it pretty comfortable, but do get a numb bum after a couple of hours driving.
Do you find your head is almost touching the roof with your higher seating position?
Cheers
Del

I'm an inch shorter than you, and I naturally have always gone for the seat at its lowest and forward one notch from furthest back.
I find it pretty comfortable, but do get a numb bum after a couple of hours driving.
Do you find your head is almost touching the roof with your higher seating position?
Cheers
Del
I must admit, I thought the same. I'm 6'7" and have to have the seat all the way down, and about three quarters back but I can drive for hrs no problem like this.

I suppose we're all different proportions which explains the differences. A mate of mine is as tall as me but his legs are way longer and his upper half is shorter so would probably want the seat higher.

Reactions: .50
Cheers
Del

Yeah, there’s virtually no space between my head and the roof, but I’m used to that in almost anything I drive.

I am 188cm (which is about 6' 2" according to google), and have done long hauls wit the T6 (10 hour+ behind the wheel). We have a bulkhead adapter which tilts the top side of the bulkhead back allowing the seat to recline more in the "furthest back" position. This makes a huge difference in comfort vs. standard. Most people here seem to remove bulkheads, but we have stuff in the back that I would not want come flying into the cabin.
Not heard of this adapter. Is this a VW part/mod? I am your same height with a bulkhead and would like to recline a bit more.
Thanks

Back