Tall Person issue….Drivers Seat…

JonnyTee

T6 Pro
I’m 6’1” Tall and on Day 3 of New to me Dsg T6 ownership and it’s Not Going Well….. Feels like I need a Hip Replacement Lol…
Question is can you get a drivers seat that goes higher? It’s full pumped up with handle on right hand side of seat and fully back (kitchen unit behind seat) sat ok behind flat steering wheel but when driving feels like I need to be sat higher as it feels accelerator pedal is at a weird angle and making my thigh cramp up! Any help or Solutions??

You need to research them Jonny. You will be living with it for a long time. Google to find them, ask on here for opinions on quality , ease of use etc. I dont have a swivel driver seat, just the 2 passenger ones

@JonnyTee I’m a bit taller than you but I prefer the seat to be at it’s lowest level of height. @Lukavell removed the factory swivels from his Caravelle, I think for the same reason. Are you new to driving vans?
Only new to VW vans have driven Transits for years when I was working and never had an issue, it’s like the accelerator is at too much of an angle and so my foot is raised at too much of an angle for this and then getting pain/cramp in my thigh. Mannnnn the struggle is real Lol

@JonnyTee I’m a bit taller than you but I prefer the seat to be at it’s lowest level of height. @Lukavell removed the factory swivels from his Caravelle, I think for the same reason. Are you new to driving vans?
That's right, I gained a couple of inches of head room by doing this and can now sit comfortably without slouching to see properly.

Also, still got the factory swivels available if you're interested @JonnyTee ; )

Go and find another T6 to sit in, that is not restricted in how far you can move the seat back.
This may give you some pointers.

Pete

I'm 6' and wouldn't dream of having the seat anywhere but it's lowest, you'll need to move back to be comfortable, knowing where I sit and seeing most conversions on here I doubt I'd be fully comfortable in 90% of them.

They are up for £2000 but I'm open to sensible offers. This is cheaper than I paid for the replacements and less than you'll find them anywhere else.

Ad is here so we don't hijack OP's thread.

I am 188cm (which is about 6' 2" according to google), and have done long hauls wit the T6 (10 hour+ behind the wheel). We have a bulkhead adapter which tilts the top side of the bulkhead back allowing the seat to recline more in the "furthest back" position. This makes a huge difference in comfort vs. standard. Most people here seem to remove bulkheads, but we have stuff in the back that I would not want come flying into the cabin.

I’m a short a**e and my seat touches the kitchen sink unit.
Try lowering the seat to lowest setting, tilt seat back forwards so you can slide seat backwards as far as it will go and then recline the back of the seat.
I wish I had your tallness issues tbh

I think a lot of it has to do with how you normally have your seat adjusted.
I'm about 6' but I have my seat back in an almost vertical position. My van has a kitchen behind the drivers seat but the seat will still slide back as far as it will go and I've never had a problem with comfort, even when driving from Bristol to Scotland.
I've seen some people who drive almost lying down and in that case I can see them having problems.

I am 6ft and run the seat low and back with the steering wheel up and back as far as it can go, and I get quite a nice amount of room for my legs and feet to move around and stay comfortable.

Back