Driver seat height adjustment…

JRCamperHire

Hi all!

My first post on the forum, so hopefully one that hasn’t been covered some million and one times!

We’ve just purchased a T6.1 to hire out after hiring out others many a time, we thought we’d give it a go ourselves!

Anyway, being naive, I assume that no car seat would ever come without height adjustment, until I sat drove ours home from Birmingham and discovered, exactly that.

We’ve got the individual seats up front that swivel to face the living area.

I’m a tall chap, some 6’4 and it’s a tad uncomfy for me. Granted, if we successfully hire it out, I won’t be in it that much, however, when we do have, I’d like to be comfy!

Given the kitchen worktop is directly behind the driver seat, is there much benefit to a swivel on the driver side?

If I do want to swap it for a height adjustment, what am I looking at? A swap of the swivel for height adjustment, or do I need a whole seat and seat base job?

Many thanks!

OEM seat swivels and height adjustment are not compatible so not available to order from VW in a new vehicle.

Many of us use factory seats with height adjustment and fit after market swivels. This just means that there are some limitations to what height (lower positions) the seat can be swivelled.

Back