Fitting a drivers swivel seat with diesel heater below

The Flying Scotsman

VIP Member
T6 Guru
I’m hoping to fit the above but wondering about a few things. It’s 2 captains chairs I have. I would just want it to spin so the back of the seat is next to the door. I have the kitchen behind the seat. I know you have to get the kit to move the hand brake. But wondered if anyone has done this with the diesel heater below?
Will it work with the kitchen and steering wheel?
Will the handbrake be in the way of getting through the seats to the back once it’s been relocated?
Is there anything else i need to consider?
It would be good to get the use of the drivers seat side on.
Cheers

You can put the heater underneath the floor … there is a purpose built space for it
The hand break just drops a little still in same place … not sure it’s worth doing if you can’t fully swivel

If you can get through the seats to be back now with the 2 captains chairs you have dropping the handbrake wont change that at all.
A pic of your current van showing the kitchen etc might help people understand.

What's your concern with the diesel heater? where is the hot air outlet etc connected?

I have a factory drivers swivel with kitchen behind and I’ve only swivelled it a couple of times.
I found it a faff and the position you end up sitting at, with the steering wheel, kitchen etc isn’t great.
It doesn’t lock in that position either so you end up constantly swivelling side to side.
My handbrake isn’t lowered, so van has to be put in gear and handbrake released.
You also lose your step up into the pop top (if you have one) unless you want to keep swivelling the seat back.
IMHO, not worth the effort.

Back