Recaros or captain seats

ashmul

T6 Pro
Hi folks,

Just came across a set of t4 captain seats this morning for sale for 500 euro for the pair of driver and passenger, they need a swivel base. He also said he had a slightly cheaper set of recaro. I have a 6.1 and was wondering if there are any questions I would need to ensure I had asked him before I went ahead with the sale. I attach a photo of the captain seats. How would this impact if I was to try and use the storage under the seats for a heater or other electrics as I fit my van out. I already know I will need to buy swivel bases and make new holes in the van floor and use new bolts and likely get an engineers report after I fix them in place.

Does anyone know if you need to inform insurance or if it impacts that I change from a 3 seater to a 2 seater. I know this is different in every country but I just try and get an over view of all the potential further implications of adding new seats. My van currently has the standard driver and double bench with no swivel. My reason for considering swapping out is I find the standard seats uncomfortable for my back and also that I can't change the incline of the bench without adding that other seat part which makes it fold flat.

So I guess Im looking also for pros and cons of changing the bench seat thing to make it go flat or changing out to a 2 seat with the captains. Any advices and supports much appreciated I hope your all doing well after the holidays and new year. Guy selling the seats says they are good condition and that arm rests are fully functional.

Screenshot 2023-02-04 at 12.37.44.png

Screenshot 2023-02-04 at 12.38.02.png

Screenshot 2023-02-04 at 12.43.16.png

Hmm, I’m not sure I would want to put either of those in my T6.1 - even if they did fit.

Surely you’d be better considering a set of Golf GTI seats?
just because of the visual and because they are older?

They're not as comfortable and if I remember correctly the runners are not as free moving as the T5/T6.
so the seats from the T5 upwards are a better find if I can source them then, thanks so much for the feedback, by runners you mean the part that sits on the swivel?

I know someone who put car seats (from some high end VW/Audi) into his T6 and they were a lot less comfortable than the captain's seats I have in mine, too narrow and huge bolster sides that were awkward to get in over.

Are they Manta GTE seats?

Either way, as above, car seats don't always work as well in a van. A car seat is very low to the floor and your legs are outstretched, unlike in a van which is more like an office chair. The ergonomics of each type of seat are designed to match the position that you'd sit in it.

Back