Until: Sunday, 18 July, 2021 - 23:00
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)
Categories

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates
Status
Not open for further replies.
Although I don't mind if you want to use pitch A5 if that suits you best, the pitch numbers are only allocated for the offices benefit on these types of huge gatherings, not really as a literal instruction. I know that sounds odd, but because some have booked around us directly with the site, it's a logistical nightmare for me trying to please those who booked through us, but requested power also through us, but we should be OK with the careful use of splitters.

Last edited:
That reminds me, if you do have a splitter and don't mind if it's used by yourself and who ever else is sharing it, can you please remember to bring it with you. We have 15 official outlets, which we can split, giving us 30 and maybe a few more, which should be enough for those that definitely need power.

Although I don't mind if you want to use pitch A5 if that suits you best, the pitch numbers are only allocated for the offices benefit on these types of huge gatherings, not really as a literal instruction. I know that sounds odd, but because some have booked around us directly with the site, it's a logistical nightmare for me trying to please those who booked through us, but requested power also through us, but we should be OK with the careful use of splitters.
I'm not wedded to that pitch & I'm happy to share. I'll be there on Thursday early PM. Only thing I like to avoid is the flag monsters with the all night flapping nightmares ;). That pitch means they cant sneak in behind me.

That reminds me, if you do have a splitter and don't mind if it's used by yourself and who ever else is sharing it, can you please remember to bring it with you. We have 15 official outlets, which we can split, giving us 30 and maybe a few more, which should be enough for those that definitely need power.
Surprisingly with my new batteries and solar i may not need power

Sorry @Mick That wasn't directed at you, more a point of how difficult my job can get when 70 plus vans have 70 plus different wants and needs, all arriving on different days at different times.

Gin will be the order of my day by the end of it.

Sorry @Mick That wasn't directed at you, more a point of how difficult my job can get when 70 plus vans have 70 plus different wants and needs, all arriving on different days at different times.

Gin will be the order of my day by the end of it.
Mate: Never saw it as a dig at me. When are you arriving cos I can help with the logistics.

Mate: Never saw it as a dig at me. When are you arriving cos I can help with the logistics.

I will be there Wednesday anyway, so at the beginning. I like to do my greet thing and establish what people want. Some people are really easy, some need a little more fettling to get right, but I'm sure we will get it sorted.

See you all soon! Will travel up on Friday, should take about 4 hours... Can anyone comment on the auto-route google gave me... any local knowledge about what might be a bad/good/better route.. cheers!

Oh, and if it matters, I don't think I will bother bringing tent/awning/gazeebo.. just the van, and a couple of chairs!

View attachment 123345
I live local. M5-A46 through Alcester - Stratford on avon-M6-A14-A5199 through Welford turn right. Jobs a good un. There is a better route but it's a bugger to explain via A426 Rugby cutting out most of Coventry and the M6 on a Friday. But if you turn down the A45 from the A46 south of Coventry the sat nav should then sort you out.

Reactions: Jlo
Finally got round to getting my number plate for the stay, made up.
Greta is happy as she says its biodegradable and should be composted adequately by the time she reaches her 12th birthday.

View attachment 123468
Typical tight Yorkshire bloke...

If I was a copper, I would do him for a British Standard number plate that complies to:

1626120186133.png

When everyone knows that number plates should comply with:

1626120275601.png

Nah. Environmentally considerate and not wasting paper no-one will actually see cos we all put window screens up!
o_O
Nice one @Sackmycook :)

If we get another 2 buses we could have a 4-Skein

We are heading down on Saturday morning, Friday work commitment

Had a word with Mrs moomin-j - she does not like the idea of a 4-Skein!!

Bugger, we are travelling late Friday afternoon, after picking up young moomin-j from school.

Work commitments - I thought you had retired?

Working for Her Majesty is a bit like Hotel California....save me a pitch next to the Moomin-J clan, we are camping virgins and need some guidance on protocols

Last edited by a moderator:
Working for Her Majesty is a bit like Hotel California....save me a pitch next to the Moomin-J clan, we are camping virgins and next some guidance on protocols
Guidance on protocols?

1. Drive to the site in a V type Skein formation
2. Set up your awning / BBQ stuff / flagpole / dream LEDs etc
3. Get a cold beer from the fridge
4. Open the cold beer that you have just got from the fridge
5. Drink that cold beer that you have just got from the fridge
6. Chat to other T6 folk about 'owt that matters
7. Congregate around the evening camp fires, listening to @Dellmassive 's disco inferno (music to suit all tastes)
8. Repeat numbers 3 through to 6

Just enjoy the weekend & make some new friends along the way

What's not to like?

But... please do not forget the 50% reduction rule when talking Vw purchases in front of the female folk though!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back