T6 to T6.1 Facelift

Ok here's my 2p worth, I'm not a fan of fake lifts on any version of transporter. This is only my opinion so take it as you will, but there's nothing worse than seeing a fake lift and then you look inside and the dash tells another story. I've seen T6.1 on T5.1s and it just looks odd.
I also think people fake lifting their vans impacts the value of the original version/model whatever you want to call it.

The cost of fake lifting a T6 to T6.1 in parts, paint etc. you might as well buy a T6.1
Everyone has there own opinion but in my case, I was having a full repaint anyway, it’s cost me £2500 for the “fake lift “ I sold my t6 front end for £700 so it’s cost me £1800, I know for a fact I couldn’t have bought a t6.1 for only £1800 extra plus all the money I’ve already spent on suspension wheels etc that you’d have to spend again on a t6.1 , they’re stupid money :thumbsup:
I’m of a similar mindset - I prefer the look of the T6.1 front-end with its sporty additions but, having spent something in the region of £25k converting my T6 to a camper, couldn’t face doing it all over again just for a few cosmetic differences that I could do to my current van.

It’s like putting sportline splitters and spoilers and wheels on when it’s clearly not a sportline? We’re all guilty of it one way or another, fitting bucket seats to van ? Why? Fitting 8 pot calipers to a van? It’s a hobby. And I love it !!
I Put a rear spoiler on and wow just wow the down force is incredible , so good in fact ill need new rear shocks n springs. I see the worried faces at the traffic lights as they giggle nervously.

I’m i right in saying the t6.1 led lights would not work with the 6 electrical sections from what I’ve read thanks

I’m i right in saying the t6.1 led lights would not work with the 6 electrical sections from what I’ve read thanks
Do you mean headlights? T6.1 lights wont physically fit a T6 without a full front swap. Then correct the electrics are different so the led wont work anyway.

The best option would be to fit Transporter HQ's 'fake' T6.1 LED headlights. These are designed to replace halogens, so will be a much easier conversion.

The best option would be to fit Transporter HQ's 'fake' T6.1 LED headlights. These are designed to replace halogens, so will be a much easier conversion.
Ok mate seen the transporter hq ones was just wondering if it was possible to use the factory led lights

Hi VW fans,

I need advice. I have 2017 t6. Bought from copart. Of course with damage. Front bumper, right wing, right headlight need to be changed.
I found a t6.1 facelift kit for 2,750£ at the moment with discount 2,450£. In that kit includes what i need (wing, headlight and of course bumper).

What i found on internet:
Wing 140£
Headlight 120£
Bumper 200-600£

So my question is: is it worth to upgrade it and add extra money for facelift or need to stick on cheaper bumper and buy all part separately?

P.S For me t6.1 looks a bit better than t6. (No offence)

Sorry for grammar or logic mistakes, I’m not English. Hope you understood what I want to ask

Thanks for any suggestion and have a good evening 3387C0BC-6964-46CA-B26E-E296B32ACD32.png78CB7A9E-DC40-4A77-99F1-C992C901B429.jpg

Hi VW fans,

I need advice. I have 2017 t6. Bought from copart. Of course with damage. Front bumper, right wing, right headlight need to be changed.
I found a t6.1 facelift kit for 2,750£ at the moment with discount 2,450£. In that kit includes what i need (wing, headlight and of course bumper).

What i found on internet:
Wing 140£
Headlight 120£
Bumper 200-600£

So my question is: is it worth to upgrade it and add extra money for facelift or need to stick on cheaper bumper and buy all part separately?

P.S For me t6.1 looks a bit better than t6. (No offence)

Sorry for grammar or logic mistakes, I’m not English. Hope you understood what I want to ask

Thanks for any suggestion and have a good evening View attachment 170640View attachment 170638
I’d agree - take this opportunity to facelift it.

I know it’s not every ones cup of tea but dose any one have a list of parts needed to go from 6 to 6.1 front end I know it’s wings arch liners headlights bumper grills ect thanks

You can buy the full kit from Travelinlite

You can buy the full kit from Travelinlite

Hi mate yes seen that kit just i already have lights leighton van bumper top and bottom grills thanks

It gives you a list of all the parts required which might be of some help.

Back