T6 to T6.1 Facelift

LambethBoy

204 DSG 4Motion
VCDS User
VIP Member
T6 Pro
Has anyone done this to their T6 yet?

Was thinking about investing in the T6 LED genuine headlights, then looking at how much that would cost I’m not far off doing a facelift and selling my T6 front end on to someone else.
Just wondering what T6.1 H7 light output is.

Has anyone done this to their T6 yet?

Was thinking about investing in the T6 LED genuine headlights, then looking at how much that would cost I’m not far off doing a facelift and selling my T6 front end on to someone else.
Just wondering what T6.1 H7 light output is.
T6.1 lights are completely incompatible with the T6 electrical system.

T6.1 lights are completely incompatible with the T6 electrical system.
Really, Even the H7s?
As I can see there are all part of the kit on travelin-lite.

Really, Even the H7s?
As I can see there are all part of the kit on travelin-lite.
Thought you were on about LED's

Pretty sure the 6.1 owners are still complaining about the H7 light output.

That kit at £2.4k plus paint and fitting makes it a pretty expensive mod, I wouldn’t call it an upgrade necessarily as the new shape isn’t an improvement in my opinion.

I’m usually the first to adopt a new version of something, but I can’t justify this one, especially if you lose the led lamps.

Pretty sure the 6.1 owners are still complaining about the H7 light output.

That kit at £2.4k plus paint and fitting makes it a pretty expensive mod, I wouldn’t call it an upgrade necessarily as the new shape isn’t an improvement in my opinion.

I’m usually the first to adopt a new version of something, but I can’t justify this one, especially if you lose the led lamps.
Thats where I'm at, being pulled back and forth on this, doesn't help that I've seen a T6.1 with the ABT kit on.:cool:

IMG_3387.jpg

Does any one know what parts and numbers if poss are required for a t6.1 facelift ? Thanks

Yea I know they do but I’m guessing they’ve stuck their premium on top of the original part prices, so I was curious if I could get the parts from tps.

I guess it's a case of making a note of all the parts pictured, then going to TPS with a 6.1 VIN number to get the part numbers and prices.

A few have facelifted their T5.1’s, so they would be worth a shout. Saying that, Brexit and C-19 have changed just about every import price going, so you might not get a fair quotation.

From Travelin-Lite:
  • Primed bumper + towing eye cover
  • Lower bumper covers
  • Lower bumper trims
  • Number plate insert
  • Wings
  • Wing plastic trim covers left & right
  • Hella OEM Headlights
  • Headlight trim left and right
  • DRL, indicator, H4, & LED sidelight bulbs
  • Front radiator grille
  • Front radiator grille support
  • LED fog light kit & covers
  • Bumper brackets
  • Bumper fixings
  • Splash guards
  • All other clips and screws needed

Do you have a TPS account? They are no longer selling to the public. I’d be surprised if the saving was anything decent as TL shift so much stock that they probably have a good price from their supplier.

I’m going to give them a call tomorrow see what they say about availability, van goes in august the 9th so might make my mind up if they’re struggling getting stuff, cheers for your reply’s

I’m going to give them a call tomorrow see what they say about availability, van goes in august the 9th so might make my mind up if they’re struggling getting stuff, cheers for your reply’s
What did TPS say @F2JON?

Are you keeping with halogen or going for a LED headlight upgrade too?

I ended up going for the travelinlite set up, couldn’t be doing with the agro in the end and they’d got most of it in stock, I’ve just gone with the standard headlights I never had an issue with the h4’sand I preferred the look of them so I’m sure these will be fine.

I ended up going for the travelinlite set up, couldn’t be doing with the agro in the end and they’d got most of it in stock, I’ve just gone with the standard headlights I never had an issue with the h4’sand I preferred the look of them so I’m sure these will be fine.
Looking forward to seeing it. Must say I am slightly tempted myself

New too, I’ll put plenty of pics up just can’t decide on a colour :thumbsdown:

Maybe you should consider T6.1 LED headlamps as there is plug&play solution.

Reactions: mmi
august the 9th my van is going in for a full re paint and t6.1 front end (excluding bonnet ) so if anyone needs or knows of anyone that needs a t6 front end, wings , bumper, h4 headlights , gloss black painted grills etc then let me know, I also have a travelinlite sportline front spoiler. All in pure grey, prefer to sell them as a job lot the bumper is only a few weeks old. As I said they won’t be available till after august 9th probably towards the end of august when I get my van back unless you want to collect from loughbourough. Not sure on price message me with an offer . View attachment 124948View attachment 124949View attachment 124950
Sounds like a cool upgrade you’re having…. what colour re paint are you going for?

Sounds like a cool upgrade you’re having…. what colour re paint are you going for?
This is the question , who knows, I’ve got a day of colour chips when I drop it off to make my mind up :grin bounce:

Back