T5.1 to 6.1

Andries003

T5.1 to T6.1 Facelifter
T6 Pro
Good evening,
This week I will be facelifting a t5.1 front end to a t6.1 front end including LED OEM lights. Is anyone interested in the process and parts involved, in that case I'll document it. I have already done the rear end tailgate with OEM led taillights and an adapted wiring harness for the tailgate. If anyone is interested in more details regarding that I am happy to help.

It's going to take a while to make a good write up. It took me a lot of time to figure everything out

Good evening,
This week I will be facelifting a t5.1 front end to a t6.1 front end including LED OEM lights. Is anyone interested in the process and parts involved, in that case I'll document it. I have already done the rear end tailgate with OEM led taillights and an adapted wiring harness for the tailgate. If anyone is interested in more details regarding that I am happy to help.
Have you already figured out how to make the headlights work?

Have you already figured out how to make the headlights work?
Yes I have, in Germany we were able to purchase modules that adapt the signal of the halogen lights to the signal that the canbus LED lights need.
The modules are expensive, but everything works. The height adjustment with the original switch in the cabin, dimming DRL when indicating.. it all works. We couldn't believe it.
Will post some pictures

Good evening,
Would be super interested in the rear end, I'm in the process of trying to convert my barn door to tailgate, where did you source the tailgate from?

Hello, we bought the 'big' parts from this company in Germany
KFZ-Teile-Koellnick | eBay Shops
The tailgate, the bumper and the pieces that sit between the taillights and the bumper.
All smaller parts were purchased at the VW dealer.
Hinges, the lock mechanism and the plastics on the inside of the tailgate. Of course there were more smaller parts
If you have any questions just ask

Hello, we bought the 'big' parts from this company in Germany
KFZ-Teile-Koellnick | eBay Shops
The tailgate, the bumper and the pieces that sit between the taillights and the bumper.
All smaller parts were purchased at the VW dealer.
Hinges, the lock mechanism and the plastics on the inside of the tailgate. Of course there were more smaller parts
If you have any questions just ask
Thanks a lot for the info

Back