T6 to T6.1 Facelift

T6.1 has choice of two options only, H7 or LED. There is no H4 for T6.1

I think we can all guess what your next mod might be, then :whistle:
Well this would be far too easy for me to be honest and what is most important this approach is too expensive in my opinion.
Technically speaking T6.1 LED headlamp could have internal electrics modified to work with T6 power modules.
But what is throwing me off is that T6.1 LEDs have worse light output compared with T6 LEDs.
This is my own subjective opinion based on my own testing.

But what is throwing me off is that T6.1 LEDs have worse light output compared with T6 LEDs.
That’s interesting to learn. I’m guessing it’s enough of a difference to put you off, then?

Out of interest, how did you carry out this testing?

Driving at night both but I didn't take any proper measurements at that point so that is why I said it is my own subjective opinion.

Driving at night both but I didn't take any proper measurements at that point so that is why I said it is my own subjective opinion.
Interesting, I haven't noticed any difference. Although I haven't driven them back to back. It would be interesting to get 2 vans parked up somewhere and have a look side by side.

august the 9th my van is going in for a full re paint and T6.1 front end facelift (excluding bonnet ) so if anyone needs or knows of anyone that needs a t6 front end, wings , bumper, h4 headlights , gloss black painted grills etc then let me know, I also have a travelinlite sportline front spoiler. All in pure grey, prefer to sell them as a job lot the bumper is only a few weeks old. As I said they won’t be available till after august 9th probably towards the end of august when I get my van back unless you want to collect from loughbourough. Not sure on price message me with an offer . View attachment 124948View attachment 124949View attachment 124950
Apart from the fenders, bumper and lamps, did you have to exchange anything for T6.1 conversions?

Has anyone done such a conversion, I mean are the led lights from T6.1 usable on the T6? I am asking because I am starting to collect parts for external, visual conversion of my T5 and I have to decide whether the car should look like a T6 or a T6.1. I have bought and pulled cable harnesses for the light control module from T6, I only miss the position sensors on the suspension.

AFAIK 6.1 LED lights arent backwards compatible with anything as they work in a totally different way
The new LED headlights have less cabling going to them and then take a canbus pair to the headlight itself

Ok here's my 2p worth, I'm not a fan of fake lifts on any version of transporter. This is only my opinion so take it as you will, but there's nothing worse than seeing a fake lift and then you look inside and the dash tells another story. I've seen T6.1 on T5.1s and it just looks odd.
I also think people fake lifting their vans impacts the value of the original version/model whatever you want to call it.

The cost of fake lifting a T6 to T6.1 in parts, paint etc. you might as well buy a T6.1

Ok here's my 2p worth, I'm not a fan of fake lifts on any version of transporter. This is only my opinion so take it as you will, but there's nothing worse than seeing a fake lift and then you look inside and the dash tells another story. I've seen T6.1 on T5.1s and it just looks odd.
I also think people fake lifting their vans impacts the value of the original version/model whatever you want to call it.

The cost of fake lifting a T6 to T6.1 in parts, paint etc. you might as well buy a T6.1
Everyone has there own opinion but in my case, I was having a full repaint anyway, it’s cost me £2500 for the “fake lift “ I sold my t6 front end for £700 so it’s cost me £1800, I know for a fact I couldn’t have bought a t6.1 for only £1800 extra plus all the money I’ve already spent on suspension wheels etc that you’d have to spend again on a t6.1 , they’re stupid money :thumbsup:

My project has evolved over time, along with the acquired knowledge, I treat it as a hobby, especially in a difficult time of the pandemic. But even from an economic point of view, apart from the man-hours, I would never buy a T6 with the equipment I have installed so far on my T5 at this price.

Everyone has there own opinion but in my case, I was having a full repaint anyway, it’s cost me £2500 for the “fake lift “ I sold my t6 front end for £700 so it’s cost me £1800, I know for a fact I couldn’t have bought a t6.1 for only £1800 extra plus all the money I’ve already spent on suspension wheels etc that you’d have to spend again on a t6.1 , they’re stupid money :thumbsup:
It's like buying a mk1 Golf 1.1, adding Gti arches, wheels and a chin spoiler and saying it's a GTI.

There is nothing wrong with the T6 look, I just don't get why fake lifts are a thing. I think they de-value the vehicle, for instance the next owner will know the front end has been resprayed which could raise questions and I'd love to know if people declare fake lifts with there insurance as modified.

Why all the hassle and expense

It's like buying a mk1 Golf 1.1, adding Gti arches, wheels and a chin spoiler and saying it's a GTI.

There is nothing wrong with the T6 look, I just don't get why fake lifts are a thing. I think they de-value the vehicle, for instance the next owner will know the front end has been resprayed which could raise questions and I'd love to know if people declare fake lifts with there insurance as modified.

Why all the hassle and
It’s like putting sportline splitters and spoilers and wheels on when it’s clearly not a sportline? We’re all guilty of it one way or another, fitting bucket seats to van ? Why? Fitting 8 pot calipers to a van? It’s a hobby. And I love it !!

Back