T6 power fold mirror bracket bent

Fitted

Hi .

I’ve managed to catch and bend my wing mirror today and it’s bent all the metal section where the power fold is.
The wing mirror casing managed to survive.
Can this part be purchased independently?? It’s just the section that screw to the van and hold the mirror mount on the power fold is still turning but it’s just bent. Thanks
Sam

AC620EF3-0BFA-463E-B471-234450EE6F8A.jpeg

Cheers, just read the info on these and says it not suitable for power fold mirrors

Cheers, just read the info on these and says it not suitable for power fold mirrors
What a bummer! I used one of these on my last van - saved me a fortune. I didn’t realise that power fold have a different bracket. Perhaps give them a bell and they might be able to point you in the right direction. Keep us posted on how you get on

Just my luck. I can’t be the first on her surely

Attachments

• 71DA5DA4-7D2B-4C1C-8E9C-43D1C7192BA1.png
    71DA5DA4-7D2B-4C1C-8E9C-43D1C7192BA1.png
    174.7 KB · Views: 45
What a bummer! I used one of these on my last van - saved me a fortune. I didn’t realise that power fold have a different bracket. Perhaps give them a bell and they might be able to point you in the right direction. Keep us posted on how you get on
It’s one extreme to the other £7 or £300 for the bit I need .

It’s one extreme to the other £7 or £300 for the bit I need .
What did you do in the end, was it possible to straighten the damaged part or was it a whole new unit? Thought there might be a Chinese made one on the market.

I’ve just been there: There are no metal brackets on the market. You need to buy a complete unit, less mirror and top colour coded cap. The “OEM“ versions available are cheap tat. You can’t fit the DAB / GPS wiring through the bracket.
I bought the replacement through TPS for £240 as VW were £260. Easy to fit too.

If it the bracket I’ve marked in red below it looks fairly simple to straighten.
If not it looks like a quick job on a lathe to make the equivalent.

EF839CBE-B716-4F2B-994D-33EBC7032297.jpeg

Hoping someone can advise. Discovered that the mirror on my recently purchased T6 Multivan had been siliconed on, as I’m guessing the bracket had been broken. I have someone who can fix, but not sure how to find the right part. Mirrors are not powered. The part attached to van seems fine, but looks like something has broken on mirror side.
Cheers,
Shell

A460D8E1-C009-490E-AC25-5F3F4E46ABA0.jpegEC632379-F345-4788-B22A-9EDB49FBF95A.jpeg

Hoping someone can advise. Discovered that the mirror on my recently purchased T6 Multivan had been siliconed on, as I’m guessing the bracket had been broken. I have someone who can fix, but not sure how to find the right part. Mirrors are not powered. The part attached to van seems fine, but looks like something has broken on mirror side.
Cheers,
Shell

View attachment 139627View attachment 139628
If you don’t have powered mirrors, then the £7 bracket above is what you need! Quite a straightforward fix. Check out some YouTube videos on how to remove your door card to access the connectors for those cables

Sorry, just noticed you are “down under”….it might cost a bit more for postage but still do-able!

If you don’t have powered mirrors, then the £7 bracket above is what you need! Quite a straightforward fix. Check out some YouTube videos on how to remove your door card to access the connectors for those cables

Sorry, just noticed you are “down under”….it might cost a bit more for postage but still do-able!
Thanks for the quick reply… yes am in the land down under. Can get via ebay here fr around $20 AUD.
I’ve looked at the bracket you have suggested but everything that has a year listed says it only fits up to 2016. So just wanting to make sure it will fit before I get my friend to pull it all to pieces.

G’day mate!

The ‘ripping everything apart” is significantly less complicated or involved than you may think it is. For $20, I’d give it a punt.

My T5 had this issue. I had manual mirrors….turned it up out of the way when I parked up and the whole mirror came off in my hand. It seems that the previous owner had managed to “weld” it previously - much like how yours had been siliconed! Jeez, I was annoyed but the replacement bracket did the trick. Now I have powered mirrors, there’s no such quick fix available to me if I have a knock.

G’day mate!

The ‘ripping everything apart” is significantly less complicated or involved than you may think it is. For $20, I’d give it a punt.

My T5 had this issue. I had manual mirrors….turned it up out of the way when I parked up and the whole mirror came off in my hand. It seems that the previous owner had managed to “weld” it previously - much like how yours had been siliconed! Jeez, I was annoyed but the replacement bracket did the trick. Now I have powered mirrors, there’s no such quick fix available to me if I have a knock.
Awesome. Thank you. Will give it a crack. Well to be honest, I probably won’t be touching it. Will leave in the capable hands of my pommy brother in law.

Awesome. Thank you. Will give it a crack. Well to be honest, I probably won’t be touching it. Will leave in the capable hands of my pommy brother in law.
As an Irishman, I did enjoy the pommy reference! You might want to have a word with your sister though!!!

As an Irishman, I did enjoy the pommy reference! You might want to have a word with your sister though!!!
I can’t knock him too much… he helped me with the wheeling and dealing to get her in the first place.

Old post I know but this may help those in the same situ as me: You can get the bracket / bush thing to repair electric folding mirrors of a T6 from a few eBay sites (mostly in Turkey) but I got one from a German seller (google this EAN number: 4064982238802 and you’ll find them: they sell the left and right individually as well). I’d initially got the wrong one too before I realised. It involves a strip down of the motor assembly: there’s a good video on YouTube called “ VW Transporter T5,T6,T7 electric folding wing mirror repair - how to replace bent bracket “ : you can remove the spring washer with a long bolt and you don’t need to buy the compressor shown in the video. It helps if you mark the washer, so you know how far to rotate it with mole grips.1.jpg11.jpg111.jpg

Back