Folding mirror not flush - is it something simple?

I have had this issue on my drivers side mirror (power fold version) since I managed to hit it on the gate post of the old house whilst reversing on to the drive. Took it all apart, reassembled but never went back to flush, so when it looks like this it is certainly a bent bracket. Like others have said a replacement part is eye wateringly expensive so I’ve never bothered. It still works so will suffice, and it’s been like that for probably around 5 years.

Hi All, so, I’ve actually now had a go at this… what did I learn:
- door card removal is easy, have some spare clips ready (about £1 each from VW)
- getting the covers off without breaking clips, even with the VIP guide on here, is a mare!
- removing the mirror from the van is easy
- then comes the problem - to get the wires through the mount means removing a connector block… you will need a tiny terminal removal pin. Which I did not have… so never got to complete the repair. Cue lots of swearing and putting it all back together with a now knackered set of covers.
I’m now resorting to buying a new mirror body and covers. Yea it’s £250-300 but I can’t be arsed with the faff of the fix. I might eventually fix the old one and sell it on minus the covers and glass.

BTW if anyone is willing to have a crack at this I now have a mirror and replacement bracket available! Will need new covers of course (not very much) and some DIY skills

My passenger wing mirror! I was reversing and bent it back . bought a brand new wing mirror but after fitting it successfully.when I sit in the driver's seat I can't view it like before I need to lean over to see the side of the van side it's like 5 mm out .any clues could the door were the mirror bolts on to be bent .it tried to push it back but then the window won't go up it's electric as well

My passenger wing mirror! I was reversing and bent it back . bought a brand new wing mirror but after fitting it successfully.when I sit in the driver's seat I can't view it like before I need to lean over to see the side of the van side it's like 5 mm out .any clues could the door were the mirror bolts on to be bent .it tried to push it back but then the window won't go up it's electric as well
Take a few pics and post it up.

Back