Folding mirror not flush - is it something simple?

stupot

VIP Member
T6 Pro
Hi all, I’ve had a look around the forum and suspect I have a bent drivers side mirror bracket/pivot/mount but wondered if anyone who’s stripped their wing mirror down would know if there is anything within the mirror assembly that might prevent the mirror sitting flush against the trim piece on the door? There’s about a 5mm gap between the mirror’s bottom cover and the rubber gasket on the door side trim. When folded and with some ‘persuasion’ the bottom cover seems to click in a bit which gave me a little hope but then when unfolded it pops out again. Just trying to save myself a big bill for a new one (the gap is really annoying me!).

No I haven’t yet… I suspect I’m looking at a mirror strip down and replace the mounting bracket… I’ve seen the parts on eBay for £24 (plus £18 postage from Turkey I think). There’s a video on you tube showing how to do it. I just don’t yet fancy a 3 hour ‘project’!

The bracket / mount available on line is for the manual folder only. I believe there’s isn’t 1 available for power folding. There’s a thread on here covering it.

Is this what your mirror is like? Just looking to see if its fixable and found this post - This is a power folding mirror, sounds like it could be a pain to sort?

20220620_175029.jpg

20220620_175011~3.jpg

Yep! I’m pretty sure it is as I described, a pain to sort, but a lot cheaper than a new mirror

The bracket / mount available on line is for the manual folder only. I believe there’s isn’t 1 available for power folding. There’s a thread on here covering it.

I think there is but not easy to get and have to be careful not to buy wrong one (manual)

And do we think this is all accessible without taking the door card off?

I might leave that as is for now though as the white t6 isnt mine, I just get involved fixing it!

I am pretty sure it’s a door card off job. Certainly looks a bit fiddly. That eBay seller confirmed the part is for elec folding

That’s good to know @stupot . That’ll be a big saving.
The job is a door card off from memory and the disassembly / reassembly is a total arse . Good luck.
Would be worth documenting your journey and sharing in a new post for others.

Another bump, got the same issue with mine, didn't notice it when we picked up the van.
I'll give them a call tomorrow as it's under warranty.
EDIT:
**Drivers side is approx 4 seconds slower at both folding and unfolding, it also makes a tinging noise when being powered up or down** DSC_5037.JPG

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: CAB
Yeah that’ll be a bent bracket… if it was a garage that sold it I’d expect them to sort but they may of course claim it was fine when it left them… fingers crossed they’re decent about it. It’s damage rather than a defect. Mine is also slow to fold I suspect because of the bent bracket. The new mirror assembly is eye wateringly expensive but the replacement brackets are a ball ache to fit (if you can get them)

Yeah that’ll be a bent bracket… if it was a garage that sold it I’d expect them to sort but they may of course claim it was fine when it left them… fingers crossed they’re decent about it. It’s damage rather than a defect. Mine is also slow to fold I suspect because of the bent bracket. The new mirror assembly is eye wateringly expensive but the replacement brackets are a ball ache to fit (if you can get them)
Cheers for the reply, I only picked it up yesterday and never really noticed until I got home.
I called the garage today and sent video and pictures, he will show it to the service department and hopefully get it replaced, also looks like the cover isn't located correctly. Probably had a clout at some point.
At least I can go back to them with what the potential problem is.

DSC_5045.JPG

• Sad
Reactions: CAB
Had a reply from the garage we purchased it from and they will do it free of charge.
Anchor cars/VANLUX, great business to deal with.

if it's not the cover, you might have a bent inner bracket/bush. I've just replaced mine after the wife knocked the mirror clean off! ;)
This is the part, a bit fiddly to fit but took my time and did it slowly.

UPDATE: I've just realised you have power folding mirrors, in which case... this bracket won't fit. :(

Back