T6 or T5.1

The t5.1 is a better van ! Buy a late one and the money you save you can spend it on the van.

I have the T6 Euro5 and can tell you the engine
I have the pre reg T6 Euro5 102bhp and can tell you the engine layout looks different to my previous T 5.1 Euro 5 albeit probably the same parts but updated as my T6 is like night and day smoother than the 5.1:thumbsup: .I heard they'd insulated them better but the gearing and pulling away at the lights is so much more refined,the 5.1 was a little shall we say agricultural.:)
Economy on the newer euro 5 is marginally better aswell I average 45 mpg on a run from Exeter to Launceston A30, and 32 mpg mixing town/motorway. This is my 5th Transporter and no doubt will be driving the battery powered ones in the near future:p

Helpful thread this... looking for a decent converted T6 but my price range just seem to reach the T6 with the smaller engine and 5 speed gearbox... I can get a late T5.1 with the 140ps engine and 6 speeds for a lot less. In two minds...

Is the Euro 5 T6 engine same as Euro 5 T5 or were refinements made to it for the short period it was used in the T6?

If it is more refined, I'd say having Euro 5 over Euro 6 is no bad thing tbh.
As an owner I can honestly say its a more refined engine than the 5.1,i owned the 5.1 from new and it was a noisy bugger from cold,and the gearing was definitely different,the only difference in the layout in the engine bay between the 5 and 6 is that adblue box thingy. I also had my van serviced last week at Carrs and they loaned me a 68 plate the only difference...smelt newer!:thumbsup:

So a T6 with a 140 Euro 5 engine looks like the perfect combination - which is what I've got :thumbsup::thumbsup:;);)
I agree ,and for some weird reason economy is much better.maybe the adblue makes the euro 6 run richer? not a clue im not a mechanic.

Back