So now it's all quiet on here.. how's the self levelling coming along @Pauly?

What was required to be coded? If coding does it open up the European driving option? i.e moves the lights to prevent dazzle

It's coming along, funny enough I spent an hour sat on the floor outside in the rain connecting up the front level sensor earlier, just the rear sensor to connect now and it's ready to power up
I have the cables in the rear quarter panel ready to drop through the arch and connect to the sensor pictured below

image.jpeg

Drove home after doing this and it was the first time I have driven in the proper dark, so much better it's unbelievable

Not far to go now, hopefully have time this weekend to get it fired up and coded
To answer your original point yes when the levelling system is working it will activate the lighting entry in the MFD to adjust for right hand traffic

Interested in where the self levelling cables run to/from from a future planning perspective. Rear quarters to the dash area ?

Yes control module is in dash front sensor goes through bullhead to engine bay and rear sensor goes up and over to rear quarter

Your timing is impeccable yet again, been outside tonight coding the new module and finishing off to clear the error codes ready for a warranty trip to the dealer tomorrow !
It is now officially finished, levelling system is in and working and lights & vision entry is present in the MFD menu
Need to go back to an MOT bay again to confirm the lights throw/angle is correct now they have been adjusted by the motors

IMG_5333.JPG IMG_5334.JPG

Haha
Cracking work. Looking forward to final costing etc and having a go myself. Nice one Pauly

On your MFD what is coasting?

Your timing is impeccable yet again, been outside tonight coding the new module and finishing off to clear the error codes ready for a warranty trip to the dealer tomorrow !
It is now officially finished, levelling system is in and working and lights & vision entry is present in the MFD menu
Need to go back to an MOT bay again to confirm the lights throw/angle is correct now they have been adjusted by the motors

View attachment 11014 View attachment 11015
That's a lot of warning lights you have displayed there!
Nice work though, even better that you have also managed to get the self leveller units in as well under the van.

Haha
Cracking work. Looking forward to final costing etc and having a go myself. Nice one Pauly

On your MFD what is coasting?
Coasting is for DSG vans it effectively puts you into neutral when you lift of the throttle to help fuel economy

That's a lot of warning lights you have displayed there!
Nice work though, even better that you have also managed to get the self leveller units in as well under the van.
The lights are only on because the engine isn't running, just keyed on for photos

I'm guessing this is going to come in over £2k just for parts? :geek:
Yes it's not cheap it's under 2 for the headlight side of it but will be over with the levelling system as well

@Chickybumps Im happy to supply all the parts required to do this if you are interested in doing the upgrade
The price on the LED headlights is £1625 + vat - £1950 inc vat + delivery
The price on the levelling kit is £390 + vat - £468 inc vat + delivery
If you are interested send me a PM so we can run through some details

Just came back from annual pilgrimage to Europe. I saw number of vw t6 on my way through Germany and majority (8 out of 10) had LED units, just saying. This includes all German police t6s', saw 5 of them.

This might be something I will have to look at after returning late from work last night and driving in the dark for the first time in months. OMG forgot how terrible my standard lights are, absolute joke.

Still haven't gotten my t6 yet so can't comment on the lights but we got our new VW UP! last week, considering it's a 10k car the lights on it are fantastic.

LED drl's and the main lights are ice white and really strong.

Haven't checked if they are LED too but regardless they're good, shame VW can't do the same on a vehicle nearly 4 times the price

Back