pins 18 and 19 on plug b of the Bcm for the range control module but there are already pins in them!
Hmmm.... BCM connector 73b is the white one?
Anyways, the pins 18, 19 are the CANbus and indeed they are already occupied in the BCM - just need to tap on the CANbus where ever it's most convenient.
I've tapped in to the CAN as the cables come out of the BCM (I have it as Orange/black = can high - terminal 19 & Orange/brown = can low - terminal 18).

Hmmm.... BCM connector 73b is the white one?
Anyways, the pins 18, 19 are the CANbus and indeed they are already occupied in the BCM - just need to tap on the CANbus where ever it's most convenient.
And for a novice like me what do you mean tap on the CANbus? Are you suggesting I cut the two wires then join with crimps and have two wires coming out of then end leading away from the plug?

Yes, that's what's actually shown also in the wiring diagram - connections B383 and B390 where several bus wires join.

1711285091336.png

The same was discussed also here:

And to finish completely this LED retrofit.

Headlight range control module 6R0 907 357 C coding for
RHD should be 0FCE020001000000
and for
LHD should be 07CE020001000000
The only difference is bit 3 in Byte 0 and this one is hard-coded and it can't be changed.
This bit changes the side of the vehicle from RHD to LHD set-up for the purpose of indicating, in fault description, the side on which the faulty level sensor is.

Also if someone is lucky enough to have High Beam Assist needs to change
in module 7E0 857 511 G
Byte 0 in hex from 01 to 04
Byte 1 in hex from 01 to 04

Good luck and enjoy the most powerful lights I have ever seen and used!
Where would these be found please?

In 09 BCM; CEM

Thanks

@Pauly @mmi

Reactions: mmi
Range control is module 55 but dont forget its totally different for T6 (the above) vs T6.1 (what you have)

Reactions: mmi
Range control is module 55 but dont forget its totally different for T6 (the above) vs T6.1 (what you have)
Thanks @Pauly, I found this, when I posted I had left hand headlight right hand headlight in my brain. When I plugged in it twigged.

It was helping @Boomtown. His van already had this RHD : 0FCE020001000000 coding. We did tick module 55.

Also checked this list:
Byte 18 bit 0 1
Byte 18 bit 1 1
Byte 18 bit 2 0
Byte 18 bit 3 0
Byte 18 bit 4 1
Byte 18 bit 5 1
Byte 18 bit 6 1
Byte 18 bit 7 0
Byte 21 bit 0 1
Byte 22 bit 2 0
Byte 22 bit 4 1
Byte 23 bit 5 0

The headlights still seem to have a bit of a mind of their own.

Soooo, when you’ve sourced the lights. What’s the approximate price to get all the other parts? And is there anyone that helps fit with existing parts?
I’d say I was handy but dipping in and out of this thread I’ll have to admit I’m a little daunted.

Hi guys.
First post so be gentle.
Have been following this post for sometime as I’ve been wanting leds on my t6.
Big shoutout to Robert and Pauly, thanks guys for all the information.
I think I could tackle installing the headlights, taillights and the level sensors but the wiring and coding are beyond me.
Is there anyone West Yorkshire based who would be able to do the wiring and coding?
Thanks

Soooo, when you’ve sourced the lights. What’s the approximate price to get all the other parts? And is there anyone that helps fit with existing parts?
I’d say I was handy but dipping in and out of this thread I’ll have to admit I’m a little daunted.
I’m a complete novice and I did it. All the help on here was invaluable. Happy to talk you through my experience if that would help. DM me if so

Anyone have a suggestion of where to source the correct screw to secure in the ballasts before I wind in some dreadfully wrong self tapper? IMG_9507.jpeg

I've got a query regarding the screws that attach the power-modules to the headlamps. As I had to buy two of the modules separately, I needed the screws. Parts diagrams show them to be N10708601 '4x14 hexagon socket flat-head bolt'.
I've picked these up from VW and they are different; aside from the silver colour and the head shape, they have a tighter thread pattern (they have 10 threads instead of 7) and the headlamp is not accepting them.

Does anyone have any ideas? I could push on and screw them in, but guess this will damage the threaded hole and make future removal + refitting an issue?

View attachment 215346
New on the left, old on the right.

retrofit LED headlights it's perfect thank you all yesssssss
just a question
Headlight range control module 6R0 907 357 C
this adaptation values
ENG100660-PWM to Level Scaling Factor Front: -5.20 mm/%
ENG103748-PWM to Level Scaling Factor Rear: -5.60 mm/%
are good for a t6 lwb?
20240422_184746[1].jpg

Back