Retrofit Optical Parking System - Canbus Cables

Discobadger

VIP Member
T6 Pro
Hi Guys,

I was hoping you may be able to help.

I've got my hands on the parts to retrofit my 2015 T6 Caravelle with an OPS kit for front and rear parking sensors.

So far I have installed the front and rear sensors, run the loom from front and rear, attached both buzzers, connected the earth cable and installed the switch.

I am now at a stage to connect the kit into the vehicle wiring loom and this is where I was hoping you may be able to help.

The main questions would be:-

The canbus cables need to be connected to Can-High 19B and Can-Low 18B, where do these connect.
I have found this diagram in the downloads area and the physical cables coming off the large white plug behind the dash steering wheel area. (a little difficult to get to, any easier access?)

image2.png

Would I be correct in assuming the cables from the kit ORANGE goes to orange and black wires and the other BROWN goes to orange and brown? Just need to be sure.

image3.jpeg

Also, the red wire has a connector pre-attached, where does this connect?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Looks like the red cable clips into a spare emply slot in the dash Fuse box to give the module +12v (ignition feed I think)

The brown and Orange will be the CAN H, CAN L coming from the BCM. Can't see the wire labels clearly.

The CAN bus wire pair connect to all the modules in the van, you can pick it up from the BCM loom, or else where, like the central cable tunel under the center dash.(you need to splice the cables into the loom)

I'm not at the PC atm, but I think that what your missing.

Last edited:
Everything correct, orange is high and goes to orange/black and brown is low and goes to orange/brown
Red is positive and can go to fusebox or cut crimp off and tap into power for adjacent module if you have any (but would need to identify which cable)

Can anyone tell me where to find the coding option to enable the 8K control module in VCDS?
Thanks

Just plug it in, if your replacing 4k there is nothing to do, if you didnt previously have PDC then go into can gateway module 19 and tick module 10 to activate

Cheers Pauly. I tried that but couldn't see the module. Maybe I've got a poor connection to CAN H and CAN L.
Will check in the morning.

Cheers

Discobadger,

Can you advise on how you got the measurements/ placement for the rear sensors?

Cheers

Discobadger,

Can you advise on how you got the measurements/ placement for the rear sensors?

Cheers
Luckily I needed a new rear bumper and it already had the holes in for the sensors so I didn’t have to drill anything.

Hello all
I've just installed 8k Parking Sensor OEM Retro Kit (4 Back & 4 Front), Module in etc... Install all complete.
It doesn't appear to be functioning though, my original T6 didn't have any and parking sensors at all.
Do I need to be programming these into the vehicle via VCDS, I have VCDS but not given any programming information with purchase ?
Thank you

Yes, you will need to use VCDS to tell the van they are fitted.

I think it's all in Module 09. Someone more experienced will post soon.

thanks, I've checked all Mod 09 but can't see anything, unless I need to choose a different control unit ?

You need to add the PDC module to the CAN gateway
Go into module 19 and select ‘installation list’ then tick the appropriate box

after this is done the new co trol module will be able to communicate with the van and any errors should be reported

Back