At the moment there aren't any legal plug-n-play LED headlights for the T6 though. If any do come along I'll be on them like a shot, but I can't see it now the T6 has been discontinued.
I don’t understand why the companies making these THQ aftermarket replacements don’t incorporate the ability to auto-level / add an auto-levelling system, so LEDs could be fitted and the law complied with.
That would be a game changer.

I don’t understand why the companies making these THQ aftermarket replacements don’t incorporate the ability to auto-level / add an auto-levelling system, so LEDs could be fitted and the law complied with.
I think they would have to get them type approved as an LED headlight though, might not be financially viable?

I think they would have to get them type approved as an LED headlight though, might not be financially viable?
Are you telling me that all these conformity markings on all these fancy goods are legitimate? ;)

They come with the same leveling controls as OEM halogen lights, so making them auto level, could potentially be done with additional hardware and wiring on the van.

The THQ lights are designed to plug and play with halogen bulbs, so those of us fitting anything different are doing it off our own backs.

I think adding that functionality would take them far from the plug and play installation that they are. You'd need range modules, sensors installing on the suspension arms and coding with VCDS

I think adding that functionality would take them far from the plug and play installation that they are. You'd need range modules, sensors installing on the suspension arms and coding with VCDS
I was thinking more along the lines of either a built-in sensor,
or plug-in sensors that you then affix to the ARB’s which talk to the headlight motors directly.

But you’re right.. if it was that simple, they’d have done it.

These ones
(7E1941036 or 7E1941774)
(7E1941035 or 7E1941773)
are for LHD.

Dear Robert!
Thanks a lot for your message!
What about 7E2 941 035 and 036?
These are for RHD, are they also compatible, right?

Thank you so much for your kind reply in advance!
Robert

For RHD you have to go with:
Left 7E2941035 or 7E2941773
Right 7E2941036 or 7E2941774

and for LHD you have to go with:
Left 7E1941035 or 7E1941773
Right 7E1941036 or 7E1941774

Reactions: mmi
Dear Robert, I have these RHD lights (please see attached photos). I guess they should work too! At least I hope!
By the way: Robert, please let me thank you for your thorough retrofit guide; it is quite professional and exceptionally useful!
I quickly get together the necessary parts and will start this project.
If you don't mind I might contact you later for some help!
Thank you so much once again!
Robert

IMG_1471.PNG IMG_1470.PNG

Your lights will work;) and thanks for your kind feedback.
If you get stuck you can ask away, I am more than happy to help.
By the way, how much did you pay for these?

Last edited:
Dear Robert, Good morning! Thank you so much for your kind reply and also for your offer for help! Greatly appreciated! Will definitely contact you if I stuck somewhere during this procedure! I'm relieved that these lights are OK to use, I bought them on a quite good price on eBay though, for £500,- and since I got an invoice I still will get back £100,- VAT, so I'm feeling lucky about it! ;)
I already started to purchase all the other necessary parts from your list and also putting together a step-by-step "How-to" guide for myself for wiring and coding at the end.
Hope will not leave out anything, but if so, I will definitely ask for all You Gentlemen here, who did such a fine work in this matter!
Thank you so much again and have a great day!
Robert

The two T6 LWB 4Motion LHD Transporter panel vans with factory LED headlights I have had a look underneath - leveling sensors are on RIGHT side. MY16 and MY 18. But as above shouldn't make any difference what side they are.

EDIT a few days later: Checked three more T6 LHD Transporters with factory LED headlights. 2 SWB + 1 LWB. MY 18. Leveling sensors on RIGHT. :thumbsup:

Hello MMI!
Just a quick question: I have also a T6 LWB RHD and about to install these LED headlights, however I am not sure my original BCM module is "smart" enough to control them, as my van was with kinda basic equipment.
Do you maybe know what is the part number for the T6 with factory equipped LEDs?
Thank you so much in advance!
Robert

Thanks, but I meant actual software version?
It is written on the module along with hardware version and also VCDS displays both next to the part number.

Dear Robert,
Just one more thing: Could you please help me a bit as I am trying to be prepared for any upcoming obstacles with my LED headlight project, I have a fear that my BCM unit won't handle these LEDs as my T6 van was originally a kinda base version...
I just made a photo of the label of my BCM, could you please take a look at it and share your opinion with me, is there any chance that it could work with these LEDs?
Thank you so much again!
RobbyIMG_1240.JPG

As far as I know all T6 BCMs will work with LEDs:).
Actually it was already proved that some of T5FL BCM work as well.

Last edited:
Reactions: mmi
Hello MMI!
Just a quick question: I have also a T6 LWB RHD and about to install these LED headlights, however I am not sure my original BCM module is "smart" enough to control them, as my van was with kinda basic equipment.
Do you maybe know what is the part number for the T6 with factory equipped LEDs?
Thank you so much in advance!
Robert
The BCM is the same as in the picture you posted. That's the "best" you can get on T6.

EDIT: Seems that all T6s sold in EU have the same BCM max.
upload_2019-10-3_20-22-21.png

---> https://bb-database.com/jctumbau/do...uilder-guidelines-Transporter-EN-48-2018.pdf/

Last edited:
The BCM is the same as in the picture you posted. That's the "best" you can get on T6.

View attachment 52089

Hey MMI!
Thanks a lot again for the additional info!
Just one question: I see that they talking about 7H0 937 090 but mine is 7E0 937 090...
Does anyone know if there's a difference between 7H0 and 7E0 BCMs?
Your help is greatly appreciated!
Robby

Hey MMI!
Thanks a lot again for the additional info!
Just one question: I see that they talking about 7H0 937 090 but mine is 7E0 937 090...
Does anyone know if there's a difference between 7H0 and 7E0 BCMs?
Your help is greatly appreciated!
Robby
Good catch - obviously need to check the latest guide (as there have been typos..). Anyways, my BCM is the same as in your picture - 7E0 937 090 C, where the C just indicates later revision (MY18). Just double checked :D once more.

View attachment 52089

Hello again!
I just checked my vehicle's accessory list
Good catch - obviously need to check the latest guide (as there have been typos..). Anyways, my BCM is the same as in your picture - 7E0 937 090 C, where the C just indicates later revision (MY18). Just double checked :D once more.

THANKS MAN!!!!

Hi all,

I bought full set of LEDs from Pauly including self levelling and wiring looms. Fitted all and codded initially as per Roberts instruction here but have found that lights were suddenly (without driving) turning themselves off. Changed byte 18 from 73 to 67 as someone was suggesting here and so far that's best I could get. All seems to be working "pretty fine" apart of few things; while driving from time to time either left or right light is flickering, extra menu for lights&vision didn't show up, when I put high beam on error on dash comes out. Final less important thing leaving home is activated but coming home even is ticked activated doesn't work.

I would really appreciate if someone could have a look of the below and point out what might be wrong in the coding.

Thank you

coding.png

Back