T6 Euro6b but no Adblue

pclifton1985

I've bought a 2017 Sportline. It's a 180, dsg which is Euro6b, start stop but has no adblue. Shouldn't it have adblue?

I've spent quit a bit of time searching the Internet and can't work it out.

Anyone got any ideas?

I'll have to check the engine, definitely Euro6 ( on the V5 and checked through the ULEZ site) but also definitely no adblue, just a rubber blanking where it should be.

I'll have to check the engine, definitely Euro6 ( on the V5 and checked through the ULEZ site) but also definitely no adblue, just a rubber blanking where it should be.
V5 section P5 Engine number;
The initial four letters show the engine model. Check and let us know what yours shows.
Mine is CXHA, which is a 150ps Euro 6 Ad blue engine.
A stage 1 remap would take it up to ~180bhp/ps.

The standard 180ps engine from new is Euro 5, non Ad Blue bi-turbo.

Andy

Went through my mind someone has remapped a 150 to 180, mapped out the adblue, blocked off the adblue filler and there’s the confusion.

I have a 140ps T6 built Spring 2016 and is without Adblue and acceptable in all LEZ zones.
It's my understanding that a 2016 model never had Adblue (UK sales anyway) but 2017 models did have it. You can tell which model year it is by the 10th character of the VIN....

1712506590501.png

Don't be confused by the eleventh digit as that is most likely to be a 'H' denoting manufactured in the Hanover Volkswagen plant.

There are certainly diesel vehicles that are Euro 6 compliant but do not need Adblue to meet the standard. Two that come to mind (as we are currently looking at them for a tow vehicle) are the 2017 Isuzu D'Max 2.5 and similar era Mitsubishi L200.
I also seem to recall there being a period where the T6 went from the Euro 5 to Euro 6 but the change in classification wasn't quite aligned with the change to the newer Adblue equipped engines. Maybe I'm imagining it...

I'm quite glad that my 2016 (registered) 140 is non adblue. It is Euro 5 but can still be driven in the ULEZ, you just get charged!!

I have a 140ps T6 built Spring 2016 and is without Adblue and acceptable in all LEZ zones.
It's my understanding that a 2016 model never had Adblue (UK sales anyway) but 2017 models did have it. You can tell which model year it is by the 10th character of the VIN....

View attachment 235954

Don't be confused by the eleventh digit as that is most likely to be a 'H' denoting manufactured in the Hanover Volkswagen plant.
So it has a G which means the engine was made in 2016? It's definitely registered in March 2017, definitely a 180bhp sportline and definitely doesn't have adblue.
Must have been a quirk when the regs changes as its definitely Euro6b and ULEZ compliant

So it has a G which means the engine was made in 2016? It's definitely registered in March 2017, definitely a 180bhp sportline and definitely doesn't have adblue.
Must have been a quirk when the regs changes as its definitely Euro6b and ULEZ compliant
The 'G' means that the whole vehicle is a 2016 model year production. Nominally produced between 1st August 2015 and 31st July 2016, those dates can vary depending on production requirements.
If you PM @Pauly with your VIN he will provide you with a data sheet(s) showing full details of when and how it was produced.

Back