Allan Smith

VIP Member
Morning every one

As a new member I apologise if I am posting this one in the wrong place but I thought it was right.
I have recently got myself a camper based on the T6 Startline.
It hasn't got cruise control and I was wondering if it is possible to retrofit it myself?
I'm not too bad on the spanners and I would have a go if I knew what parts I needed or if it is even possible.

Thanks for any help!

Welcome Allan,

As far as I'm aware it can be retro fitted but will also need coding(VCDS) to get it to work

Thanks Amped.
Any idea of what parts I would require?
Is it just one stalk and then a bit of VCDS fiddling?

I assume that the brake and clutch switches are present because of the stop/start anyway.

Sorry mate wouldn't know where to start, the stalk is combined with indicator stalk. I've only ever seen kits advertised

I havent seen a T6 kit for this yet but it can be done, i reckon it will be several months before DIY kits start to surface
I imagine it will be on the same basis as a T5.1 kit but only seen people offering the service not selling the kit

VW TRANSPORTER T6 CRUISE CONTROL - 2015

Hi,

I'm desperately hoping that someone here will tell me that this is not true!

Just bought a VW T6 Transporter Shuttle, booked in for B14's, wheels on order...everything lined up.

Just had a call from local VW garage saying that they can't do the retrofit cruise control I booked the van in for because VW has come back to them and said on that some change recently means that this is now only a factory fit option.

Cruise control is an absolute must for me, I would never have bought the vehicle but never considered that it would not be possibly to retrofit.

Help!

It can be done, replacing the stalk is the normal method and adding it in as you would on most VAG vehicles
If they can’t do it you are prob best going to a decent retrofit, I’m assuming you have taken it to the VAG garage in Exeter are they the ones saying it can’t be done ?
I know someone in Plymouth who can do it for you

Yes VAG garage Carr's of Exeter but also local independent VW garage said can't get parts for T6 yet!?
Would appreciate recommendation in Plymouth.

Did you try Volkscraft ?
Matts been on here in the past would think he could do it

Speak of the devil and he appears! Thanks for the recommendation Pauly, hope you're well mate? I'm looking in to it right now.

It was first thing on my list for my Shuttle. Had it fitted by Professional Retrofits. Something to bare in mind. Even though your Shuttle is a euro 6, you can fit the cruise on a stalk, like euro 5's had. However, if your thinking of a MFSW in the future, then the euro 6 wheels have cruise switches located on them instead of a stalk. However I believe you can put a euro 5 Highline MFSW on instead though, minus cruise switches.

Just spent an hour on the phone to TPS. There are about 100 different BCM's for the T6 and As @record1976 's van doesn't have fog lamps it will require a body module upgrade too apparently. @Dieseldonkey Did yours need a BCM replacement? They're £320+ Vat alone apparently.
**Edit** Just noticed @Dieseldonkey 's is a Euro 5. Much more straight forward on a euro 5 it seems. They use similar (if not the same) part numbered BCM's as T5.1.

Last edited:
No. Mines a 2016, but it's a euro 6. The euro 6 engine appeared much earlier in the people carriers, than it did in Kombis and PVs. In fact I don't think there was a euro 5 T6 Shuttle. Existing factory BCM took the cruise without issue. I wanted cruise on the stalk as I didn't, at that time have a MFSW and actually preferred it in this location. I've just retro fitted factory fog lights too. No issue there either. Just plugged straight into the original BCM connector. Here's my BCM if this helps

20190218_140410.jpg

The part number combinations have a 'Colour code' Which is a variant of that part number not listed on the part or VCDS usually.

For instance the one listed for @record1976 's 2017 Shuttle in standard form is 7E0 937 090B ZDV. The ZDV part is the colour code which states 'without cruise or fog lamps'. There are 270 versions of the 7E0 937 090B which are differentiated by colour codes. There are 55 different sections of ETKA for the BCM, each with a slightly different date range or base spec and each potentially with hundreds of colour code variants inside!

Without counting, there could be thousands of BCM variants, It truly is a retrofitters nightmare!

The part number combinations have a 'Colour code' Which is a variant of that part number not listed on the part or VCDS usually.

For instance the one listed for @record1976 's 2017 Shuttle in standard form is 7E0 937 090B ZDV. The ZDV part is the colour code which states 'without cruise or fog lamps'. There are 270 versions of the 7E0 937 090B which are differentiated by colour codes. There are 55 different sections of ETKA for the BCM, each with a slightly different date range or base spec and each potentially with hundreds of colour code variants inside!

Without counting, there could be thousands of BCM variants, It truly is a retrofitters nightmare!
Well b****** me! This may finally be the answer to the very first T6 issue I had, why I couldn't get retrofitted Safelock coding to work on mine, even though it was fitted with a BCM with the same number as all the ones that did have it.

Ah. Afraid I'll have to pass then as I've no knowledge with this bit. Maybe I was just lucky with the BCM I had fitted in mine from the factory, as it took the cruise and fog/cornering light wiring without issue.

Just giving this some thought. @zebra quoted this in his very useful fog light retrofit post.

Depending on the set up, you may need a power source which will go to position 11 on the block and be routed to a steady positive connection in the fuse box (SC12 in the VW wiring diagram). Mine already had this in place so wasn’t needed.

This is the power supply wire into the BCM that the fog lights use. Like @zebra mine was already on situ. Would establishing if this wire is already in place help you in working out if the BCM can actually do something that's not listed against it. ie cruise and fog lights. Just an idea.

Back