T6 and about to start…

therobgregory

Hi, I’m new here.

Recently sold my T5.1 Sportline Kombi as it was starting to cost money…at 147k miles it was getting tired. I kept this van 100% standard using it for bikes and camping, and as my daily driver. I do miss it.

However, I’ve replaced it with a T6 Highline Kombi which is a much nicer drive and more economical etc. BUT I do miss the look of my Sportline so looking to make some mods.

Also going to do a few bits inside this time around to make it more versatile.

Here are my thoughts - I’d appreciate any comments or recommendations on kit, suppliers, people to use etc. I’m in Chesterfield, Derbyshire.

Internal:
  • Add rear speakers (have kids so needed to avoid having the fronts at vol 11 )
  • Add extra 12v socket in the rear for camping fridge
  • Insulate, board, carpet out
  • Forty winks bed
  • Blinds / curtains
External:
  • Lower 40mm (springs or coilovers?)
  • New wheels (I like the LV wheels, any good?)
  • Tailgate spoiler
Other possible stuff:
  • Side rails
  • Diesel heater
  • Leisure battery
Any advice or comments would be greatly received. Have I missed anything obvious?

Another vote for @VAN-KING. I don't have the sliding tray, but with a lwb Shuttle, I could certainly see it as a useful addition to the system.

Don't go daft on the wheel size 17 or 18" diameter are adequate with a balance of weight and economy (fuel and tyre costs)

If you're fitting a 12 volt socket for a camping fridge then you will need either a permanent leisure battery, a portable leisure battery or jump leads for when you flatten the starter battery. I guess a lot will depend on how you plan to use the van but I would think through how you plan to use the 12 volt side of things and maybe future proof it. Suspension upgrades really make a difference to ride quality so I would research this first as well

Back