T6.1 wireless charging retrofit?

Looking a like my new van is at the port or at dealers already so already have list of mods to get stuck into along with the wireless charging pad when @Pauly works his magic . Will have a van to go with the wireless charging haha

Am I the only one who can't find any of these (7L2857920 82V7 & L2857494 82V) part numbers for sale anywhere?

I wouldn’t expect to find them anywhere outside of a VW dealer/TPS

They are rare model specific parts so no one is going to stock them, I have some on back order and are coming from Germany so even VW don’t have any in stock in the UK

I wouldn’t expect to find them anywhere outside of a VW dealer/TPS

They are rare model specific parts so no one is going to stock them, I have some on back order and are coming from Germany so even VW don’t have any in stock in the UK
I sent the part numbers over to the dealership where I'm getting my van from, I will wait and see what they say.

I sent the part numbers over to the dealership where I'm getting my van from, I will wait and see what they say.
Just phone the parts counter, or your local TPS direct.

I have two sets here, but they came from Europe cheaper than TPS with a bunch of other VAG stuff.

Looks great that.. Still waiting for my parts from vw. Ordered 2 weeks ago..

I won’t have the discovery pro media just the standard head unit . Does anyone have any recommendations for a wireless car play adaptor that I can have hidden away without wires anywhere .

Is that you all fitted and working with no issues then ?
Yeah in and wired up. Coded the 5F module and activated some of the adaptations. It charges the phone.

Earth to the point behind the centre console, two wires to pins 5 and 11 of the nav, and live over to the fuse box picking up a spare terminal 30. Easy really.

Couple things still to sort, no Qi notification on the nav to say phone is charging. I didn’t hook up the BCM pin (not shown on the van diagrams, but is on other mqb vehicles), so this might be why.

I won’t have the discovery pro media just the standard head unit . Does anyone have any recommendations for a wireless car play adaptor that I can have hidden away without wires anywhere .
I have read some food reviews on the Motorola Ma1.

I've recently acquired a T6.1 and have installed the same Apple MagSafe wireless charging setup which I had in my T6. The details of the components required are detailed in this post from a couple of years back. I've also attached a few photos from the T6.1.

Very simple to install, all done in 15 minutes or so.

It's a good setup if you'd like to keep your phone screen visible while driving and saves the additional install & wiring of replacing the cupholder to the lest of the gear selector.

There are also MagSafe compatible adapters & phone cases you can buy for Android phones, so this should be a great solution for both iOS & Android users.

IMG_6160.jpeg

IMG_6161.jpeg

IMG_6162.jpeg

So, all the bits arrived in the local VW dealer last week (on backorder since Feb) and I collected them.

I've hooked up the connector with Pin 2 bridged to Pin 1 and Pin 4 to 0V and the wireless unit comes to life and if I place my phone on it, then it charges.

However, when I put the insert (7L2 857 494) into the housing and put my phone in that, then the phone no longer charges. If I take the insert out, put the phone in it and place that on top of my standard desktop wireless charging pad, again no charging. The insert seems to be made from a fairly thick material, but I wouldn't have expected it to stop the phone from charging.

My bench supply is 12V and capable of 2A so I don't think that is the limiting factor (will get a higher power one tomorrow to try).

Wondered if anyone had any thoughts?

So, all the bits arrived in the local VW dealer last week (on backorder since Feb) and I collected them.

I've hooked up the connector with Pin 2 bridged to Pin 1 and Pin 4 to 0V and the wireless unit comes to life and if I place my phone on it, then it charges.

However, when I put the insert (7L2 857 494) into the housing and put my phone in that, then the phone no longer charges. If I take the insert out, put the phone in it and place that on top of my standard desktop wireless charging pad, again no charging. The insert seems to be made from a fairly thick material, but I wouldn't have expected it to stop the phone from charging.

My bench supply is 12V and capable of 2A so I don't think that is the limiting factor (will get a higher power one tomorrow to try).

Wondered if anyone had any thoughts?
2a might be to low powered.
I bought a wireless charging matt on line and it said it required a 5amp 12v feed..
It worked on 2 amp but kept turning off.
5amp feed it worked perfectly.
Seems like amps do matter ;-)

Basic parts required from VW
7L2857920 82V £15.63 + vat outer plastic trim
7L2857494 82V £9.81 + vat inner plastic trim
4B0971978B £2.32 + vat connector housing

Wireless pad options from ebay or similar
5NA980611 wireless interface module, seem to average around £50 on ebay
5NA980611A this is an alternative wireless pad without the aerial connector so wireless charging only, no GSM

Before everyone rushes out and orders parts I will add that i ordered a couple modules and connectors when i started this so will have bits left over, i have since ordered a few extra sets of parts from VW and a few more connectors so when im done i will a couple kits for people ready to fit with wiring made up and terminated, these will be at cost price + postage if anyone is interested, these can be charging only or i can do one kit ready for the GSM aerial if anyone wants to try that aspect ?
Hi @Pauly any news on this?

I have had parts on back order for weeks, going on the above post they maybe here now so will chase them up, I only have enough bits to do 2 kits and a couple people have already enquired about them, once these are done I may do a few more of it helps people out but I’m not planning on supplying these long term as just don’t have the time

Hi mate, did you have any of these left, or any spare parts if your not doing them anymore. Would e happy to purchase from you

Cheers chris

Back