T6.1 wireless charging retrofit?

Where were you wanting to put your phone? Top of dash?

I haven't seen one yet for the T6.1 but i haven't been looking as i just plug my phone in.

I'm thinking of putting a wireless charging base I the top part of the door pocket..
Anybody know if there is a ignition switched supply in there I can pick up on for this?

Thats the only part number i can see, theres no alternatives or variations

I assume this is part of the comfort telephone option so it will prob have connections for external aerial for GSM boosting and relay that signal to compartment, its crazy price as a new part (£231 + vat) would support this but give it a power supply and wireless charge should work in factory position ??

Just the compatible trim to find

1674947190596.png

Reactions: mmi
I've been looking for one of these for rhd.. all I could find was led and it was about £550 and I'm not paying that.
Came up with this idea for now.
20230128_121926.jpg

With part 14 I can only assume theres a typo where it lists LHD/RHD (its not uncommon)

7L1857494 82V for LHD
7L2857494 82V for RHD

1674947723956.png

Last edited:
I have just ordered both parts and also a wireless module from ebay so we will see when it all turns up whats what

Last edited:
Im not bothered about the signal booster just want the wireless charging pad in that cubby hole, may add on later but too much going on at the moment and dont have the time

Back