T6.1 wireless charging retrofit?

When you bring that shiny new sportline round my house for some scanning im sure we can discuss it !!

Got the last piece of the puzzle yesterday so hoping to have a play with this today

The two trim pieces from VW are pictured below

View attachment 187065

View attachment 187066

and the parts clicked together looks like this

View attachment 187067

View attachment 187068

will get some wires out later and see what happens, when im finished i will do a proper guide with all the part numbers etc listed but so far i have spent well under hundred quid
Hi Very interested in doing this - I notice you menationed that you were going to produce a guide have you had chance to do this yet?
A list of part numbers would be useful - does it require any coding and do any extra wires need to be added this is the one thing I miss in my Cali - I like the wireless CarPlay and also things seem to go a by haywire when I put a cable in

all the details and part numbers are in the thread
Depends if you just want wireless charging or if you are going to fit the extra aerial and have the GSM signal booster too ?

all the details and part numbers are in the thread
Depends if you just want wireless charging or if you are going to fit the extra aerial and have the GSM signal booster too ?
Does the Original usb C module just clip into the new plastic wireless charging trim

Im not bothered about the signal booster just want the wireless charging pad in that cubby hole, may add on later but too much going on at the moment and dont have the time
Hi Did you ever add the wireless charging pad if so which one did you go for ?

trying to get the parts from the dealers can someone confirm if these are the correct part numbers for a right hand drive 6.1
Part No. 7L2857920 82V is £19.08 inc. vat.

Part No. 7L2857494 82V is £12.00 inc. vat.

Part No. 4B0971978B IS £2.94 inc. vat.

Basic parts required from VW
7L2857920 82V £15.63 + vat outer plastic trim
7L2857494 82V £9.81 + vat inner plastic trim
4B0971978B £2.32 + vat connector housing

Wireless pad options from ebay or similar
5NA980611 wireless interface module, seem to average around £50 on ebay
5NA980611A this is an alternative wireless pad without the aerial connector so wireless charging only, no GSM

I have finally managed to order the plastic parts after educating the very helpful parts guy at my local Breeze dealership and this morning the preloved wireless charging pad arrived from Ebay, I dont plan to wire the unit into the head but just have it come on when I start the van - the pad came with the plug and a small length of cable where it was cut off.
I dont however know which wires are which I am just looking for live and negative I would be grateful if anyone could tell which wire is which in the picture I am assuming pin one is the white wire and pin5 is red with blue trace
All the wire colours
1= White
2=Brown
3=Thin red with blue trace
4=Thin red with yellow trace
5= Thick red with blue trace

I am sure not all the wires are need but maybe the thin ones are signal wire?

I plan to piggy back off an other circuit ( similar to what is done with sat nav ) any idea what current these units draw so I can ensure the correct fuse is in place?

is another option to come of the back of the 12v power (cigarette) socket and option

Thanks in advance

No it’s the other way around, the wiring diagram is back on page 2 and it shows all the cores
1 and 2 are positive, 4 is negative and that’s enough to make it charge

No it’s the other way around, the wiring diagram is back on page 2 and it shows all the cores
1 and 2 are positive, 4 is negative and that’s enough to make it charge
Hi thanks for the quick update. I must’ve missed it first time round as it only mentioned four calls and the one I have has five
not

1 - 12v
2 - Signal T12n/5
3 - Signal T12n/11
4 - 0v

So I don’t need pin three which looks like another signal Table and the white cable I had done as pin one is actually pin five what does that do? I guess I don’t need that either

Works a treat with pins 1 and 2 together and neg on pin 4 any ideas what the others do I couldn’t understand the wiring diagrams on page 2

Its a real PITA to get out, theres a special tool to release them and have seen others mention in the past they managed to get them out without the tool but i just cut the plastic on one side to release it from the old trim then ditched the old trim, not like its ever going to get refitted

Back