T6.1 Start Stop Memory module

dejansuc

VIP Member
T6 Pro
I just bought "Start Stop Memory module with SERVICE MODE! / Start-Stop SSA memory".
Color codes on T6.1 are different from T6, T5..
Does anyone know, which wire on T6.1 is signal, acc/ignition and gnd?

20200711_134212.jpg
20200711_134852.jpg

looks like a slight change from a T6 . . .

It doesn’t work the way "Loz" suggested (no led is blinking on module when i press start/stop button on T6.1 as shown on Start-Stop Memory Module ~ Short Description)...
As seen in the photo above T6.1 have:
BROWN
BROWN/WHITE
BLUE/WHITE
GREEN/WHITE
wires.

So is anyone 100% sure which wire is:
GND
SIGNAL
ACC/IGNITION

can u show a pic of the front of the switch panel pls (where the button is . . )

Just looked through the wiring diagrams i have for 6.1 and cant find the start stop button in any of the sections
Its normally in convenience systems or basic equipment on other models but not these .....

Any idea what the other two buttons would do if they were present ? May give us somewhere else to look that could include what you need ?

Just looked through the wiring diagrams i have for 6.1 and cant find the start stop button in any of the sections
Its normally in convenience systems or basic equipment on other models but not these .....

Any idea what the other two buttons would do if they were present ? May give us somewhere else to look that could include what you need ?
... no idea... :(

Have you tested the switch ?
The T6 is negative switching so you should find when you press the button the terminal that brown connects to (negative in) will give you continuity to the signal wire (negative out)
One of the cables is button illumination so you find +12v on that cable when the lights are turned on

Did anyone resolve this. I've also got a 4gochip.com stop / start memory module and cant figure out how to wire it on a 6.1.

The seller of the chipo hasn't responded to my messaging.

I know this started a while ago but if @Pauly didn’t find out- one of the other buttons turns off the parking sensors and the row below it are for the electric sliding doors.

It seem strange that as the T6.1 has been out for so long now there isn't a dedicated module for it.

It has been a long time that someone took interest in this post but just in case someone could still use it:

I got it working in my T6.1

At the Startstop button connector:
Brown on Brown (GND)
Blue on Green/Yellow (Signal)

The red wire i had to connect elsewhere. I could not find a wire that was suitable for this at the start stop button.
I took out the Wireless charger module underneath and took a white wire that got 12V on ignition.

!! There are 2 wires at the startstop button that recieve 12 on ignition, but whenever you use these it will not work correctly.

Everything works now.

Link to youtube with video of working module

IMG_20220415_161812.jpg

Hi,
Did you ever manage to sort this out?? I want to buy one but would like to know that it will definitely work on a 6.1 before I splurge my cash . thanks in advance.
Hi, i got it working.

brown on brown
blue on green/yellow

Red on "12V on ignition", i connected it elsewhere in the car. because the wires at the startstop button did not work.

Last edited:
Greetings All from Australia/

I have a new 2022 T6.1 LWB van and the stop start thing has been driving me mad

Yesterday an auto electrician come to my place to add electric brakes to the van I told him of the stop start thing

Ten minutes later he had totally turned it off

He simply removed the panel which has the stop/start switch, fiddled with the wires at the back, then soldered the GREEN and BROWN wires together

He then put it all back together

When I start the van the orange light on the switch comes on but turns off after a minute and the stop/start no longer functions A brilliant solution
to a PIA VW feature

I hope this helps someone
AA

Back