T6.1 Sportline incoming . . . ? (T-Sport20)

Now, you see I don't see being VAT registered as a problem when working for private people. Most want a deal for cash, so if you 'knock the VAT off' they get a 20% discount and you actually get more money, as what you do get, you don't pay tax on.

Obviously I don't do that, but I can see that others may have thought of it too and may not invoice everything.

Love the disclaimer lol.
obviously I never done that too or even thought of doing that!

So a kombi doesn’t qualify for the 20% vat back
Or from what I've read unless it's got 1 tonne pay load then it's possible to claim VAT. First job for me Tuesday morning to discuss this with my accountant as I've ordered the LWB kombi which has just under the 1 tonne pay load according to the brochure. I discussed with my accountant before placing order and nothing was mentioned to me, I've always had renault trafic crew vans and I've just assumed this would be fine as it's never been an issue in the past however these are over the 1 tonne pay load not that it's important to our business as our cargo is light weight.

I heard the 1 tonne rule, thats why most picks / crew cabs will carry just over

Just checked online and it says to qualify as a van a kombi is ok but you must have a bulkhead behind the rear seats. T32 carries over a ton. That’s the only way around it.

Just checked online and it says to qualify as a van a kombi is ok but you must have a bulkhead behind the rear seats. T32 carries over a ton. That’s the only way around it.

interesting read, still could leave it open
some good points there though

Does anybody else on the forum claim VAT back on there Kombi

Good time to buy with the 130% allowance now available on assets

Jeez it’s a minefield lol, funny that the salesman never raised a concern when I mentioned claiming the vat :rolleyes: I know you should do your own homework, but being he is selling commercial vehicles on a daily basis you’d have thought he may of flagged the vat issue up when I mentioned it:rolleyes: ................. but then again he got the another sale to his name why would he be concerned:D

Back