T6.1 Sportline incoming . . . ? (T-Sport20)

No update from my dealer, I got excited when I see your notification pop up as I thought someone has actually taken delivery and posted some pics as I don't think anyone has even seen the interior yet! I was expecting mine in December but unfortunately the last update I got was March 2022.

Still no update form the accountant :rolleyes: but got a surprise call from the dealer this morning, my expected delivery of feb/March next year has now improved...........by a lot now expected this September:grin bounce::mexican wave: happy days or what:cool::cool::cool::cool::D
Hey, just reading back through the thread and see this post from you, did your dealer deliver as you mentioned here?

That’s not my post but from V8 Markie.
Reply on that thread as I’m sure he’ll reply.

Hey, just reading back through the thread and see this post from you, did your dealer deliver as you mentioned here?
Hi, i lost that build slot due to making a change from a kombi to a PV :rolleyes: I think I went to the back of the que for being awkward lol,no update as of yet for when it will be delivered

Apparently my dealer will be having the black edition in within a couple of weeks I’ll be going to see if soon to see what mines like

Apparently my dealer will be having the black edition in within a couple of weeks I’ll be going to see if soon to see what mines like
Vw Cleckheaton this morning. Windows look dark but I think it’s the standard limo tint.

image.jpg

Just got back from my dealer, all but one of the commercial sales team have been reallocated to other depts as they've no vans to sell.
My Sportline LWB Kombi ordered at the beginning of April 2021, which was due in March 2022, has now been pushed back to September 2022.
In other news, the Sportline converters have run out of parts, so Sportline orders have been further delayed. Their demo model was due last week but won't be available for another 6 weeks or so.

Last edited:
Not sure what VW are up to as I follow the Sportline Journey ( I’m sticking with my 204 ) but having recently seen a new Ford custom Sport…and sorry guys..but it looks good….can see it being a good seller…Not that it will ever have same sentiment as VW camping community have..but if it was purely on price and availability I’d be tempted to jump ship

Not sure what VW are up to as I follow the Sportline Journey ( I’m sticking with my 204 ) but having recently seen a new Ford custom Sport…and sorry guys..but it looks good….can see it being a good seller…Not that it will ever have same sentiment as VW camping community have..but if it was purely on price and availability I’d be tempted to jump ship
You’d regret it, I had two transits before seeing the light. And god help you if it needs warranty work.

I drive a Custom which I’ve leased for 3 years just to see what VW are bringing out.
Brakes squeak, wing mirrors don’t fold in sometimes, uncomfortable, made of toothpaste tubes, high tyre wear.
Roll on April when it goes back!

You’d regret it, I had two transits before seeing the light. And god help you if it needs warranty work.
LOL..I used to swop cars every 3 years….lost a fortune….but my van is an investment in life’s journey of adventure ….plus the wife would kill me ! ……You’d think that VW could sort out a supply problems and keep customers happy…Or is it a game ploy to push buyers to Ford…The new T7 is only a glorified people carrier …and the Transporter will only survive as a 6.1 if sales continue…at the end of the day consumers don’t have a say in what gets manufactured….Sad times:(

Just had an email from Volkswagen Tonbridge in Kent, Sales exec is Matt Weller saying they have a cancelled order, Sportline Kombi if anyone is interested?..

Does anybody have a non black edition sportli e yet?
Any pictures?
Would be good to see how many differences there may be and nice to see some I other colours other than the pure grey.

Back