T6.1 Sportline Black Edition

I would like to take mine down 10 to 20mm to close the wheel arch gap slightly.
Has anyone adjusted the coilovers that come on the black edition themselves? Is it as easy as jacking up removing the wheel and adjusting with the tools supplied??

Has anyone adjusted the coilovers that come on the black edition themselves? Is it as easy as jacking up removing the wheel and adjusting with the tools supplied??
Fronts are real easy, jack it up, small grub screw to loosen on the adjuster then just wind it down equal amount on each side. Rear should have been straightforward but my adjuster was that tight I had to drop bottom shocker mount to be able to loosen the adjuster but after that easy to adjust.

Yes easy to do, but so much quicker doing it on a ramp and air tools.

20mm should be ok on the standard set up, I went all the way down for maximin drop (determined by back), it looked great, but the ride was hash and bouncy. Changed the whole set up with a kit from CRS and now have the ride hide I want and feels normal again.

0000682E-DE63-459B-BE0E-8048202CB58B.jpeg

Fronts are real easy, jack it up, small grub screw to loosen on the adjuster then just wind it down equal amount on each side. Rear should have been straightforward but my adjuster was that tight I had to drop bottom shocker mount to be able to loosen the adjuster but after that easy to adjust.
Thanks Harvey..
Do you mean wind it up compressing the spring more to lower it?
How many mm would you say on the shock adjustment would revert to 10mm once wheel back on and jack taken out..?

Thanks Harvey..
Do you mean wind it up compressing the spring more to lower it?
How many mm would you say on the shock adjustment would revert to 10mm once wheel back on and jack taken out..?
That’s not how it works. Coilovers you move the lower spring seat to adjust the height.

If you lower the coilover 10mm you get a bit more than 10mm arch gap reduction due to the geometry of the suspension.

The rears are more awkward than front due to the position of the adjuster

That’s not how it works. Coilovers you move the lower spring seat to adjust the height.

If you lower the coilover 10mm you get a bit more than 10mm arch gap reduction due to the geometry of the suspension.

The rears are more awkward than front due to the position of the adjuster
Sorry if this is a stupid question as I haven't even looked at the coilovers yet..
Do I move the lower spring seat down or up for lowering??
It may become clear once I see it but just encase it doesn't...

Sorry if this is a stupid question as I haven't even looked at the coilovers yet..
Do I move the lower spring seat down or up for lowering??
It may become clear once I see it but just encase it doesn't...
You move it down.

Rotate the collar to the left as you look at it.

For completeness, adjusting the front coilovers will alter the toe (and camber) slightly. If it’s a big change consider getting it aligned once you’re happy with the height. Smaller adjustments you normally get away without alignment.

You move it down.

Rotate the collar to the left as you look at it.

For completeness, adjusting the front coilovers will alter the toe (and camber) slightly. If it’s a big change consider getting it aligned once you’re happy with the height. Smaller adjustments you normally get away without alignment.
Perfect
thanks for the help and advice..

If after the cost and hastle of getting the Navis on there you now realise that the Bentleys are the nuts then it was worth it ...:cool: looks great.

A few little jobs done ..
H&R anti roll bars
All the bushes changes to adjustable poly ..

eaten some tyres due to not getting a alignment done ... so had a alignment done with the new bushes ..drives lovely .

Painted callipers acid green .....
EA6A6A82-DC3C-4701-8A19-F9AAABC0291B.jpeg
45D7B6A3-AC17-4AAB-997E-E658A54D25A0.jpeg
Debating to change side bars to abt ones

87C91008-CFB1-43D1-BFDC-F8F3E042CABA.jpeg

Back