T6.1 Sportline black edition - release date

I was told dealers arnt gettin theres until March,so no one will have them before they get there demos.

I was gunna order one,as its great value,but couldnt live with the colour over time,id get bored with it,so ordered a similar spec highline in Ascot grey,then taking it to Raceline for a GTS pack..

All Sportlines are built here in the UK, off a Highline, so if the relevant VW partner has the kits, they may well come earlier.

Im a bit miffed, as the new front looks mint.
I think this is a really good idea, it’s will be my second option if I don’t get on with the front wheel drive.
Raceline have just put a good YouTube video up showcasing a couple of their vans, have to say they look superb.

I’ve heard some grumbles about Raceline, can’t remember if it was on here or somewhere else, their stuff looks good though.

When I had £50k+ to spend they couldn’t be bothered to reply to my 2nd email so I went elsewhere. (Leighton we’re the same too)

Was also told they should have demo sportline in for August. Is far as I know my Black Edition will be built mid December but I did add Side/Lane assist, 80 litre tank, heated nozzles and front carpet. The Black Edition is a good spec apart from not being 4motion but FWD with the right tyres is fine. Plan to keep this one long term unless VW bring out something better.

My only problem is do I sell my 69 plate Edition now or wait till December? Parker’s quote £33k plus vat for a standard one at the moment.

I’ve heard some grumbles about Raceline, can’t remember if it was on here or somewhere else, their stuff looks good though.

When I had £50k+ to spend they couldn’t be bothered to reply to my 2nd email so I went elsewhere. (Leighton we’re the same too)
Leightons are local to me, and do have a great product line up, but just like the look of Raceline, and the conversations I have had with Zaff reassures me, plus a pal of mine has one,& he is no fool.
There isn't a dealer on the planet that hasn't had words with some one, and fell out with a customer, plus I'm sure like me, there will be people on here who have had more than one wife...nuff said.

The Raceline van just has the look I like..

Leightons are local to me, and do have a great product line up, but just like the look of Raceline, and the conversations I have had with Zaff reassures me, plus a pal of mine has one,& he is no fool.
There isn't a dealer on the planet that hasn't had words with some one, and fell out with a customer, plus I'm sure like me, there will be people on here who have had more than one wife...nuff said.

They do look awesome just way out of my price range unfortunately

If you know someone who actually has a van from them and they are happy then that trumps internet hearsay, go for it. :cool:

Lol fingers crossed for you! I’ve had my July 19th build and August delivery put back until last week in October.
As reedspeed said, the sportline kits are put on in the Uk, so once it’s left the factory you could still be looking at a couple of months, so could be December maybe?
Hope we all don't have to wait too long and we can start enjoying our new vans!

I am new to the forum , I have a black edition ordered , march delivery I am told but not holding my breath , I am also keeping an eye out for a photo of a real one. Real poor that the black edition is in pure grey , but the pictures clearly are a totally different colour !!

Currently have a T6 edition ..

I am new to the forum , I have a black edition ordered , march delivery I am told but not holding my breath , I am also keeping an eye out for a photo of a real one. Real poor that the black edition is in pure grey , but the pictures clearly are a totally different colour !!

Currently have a T6 edition ..
That's the very reason I haven't ordered one the Black Editions,as the brochure is misleading,as is the Sportline,they don't look anything like in the flesh,I went to Leightons t'other week to see converted ones in the flesh,came away & ordered a massive specced highline in Ascot grey..gonna then have a Raceline Gts pack fitted,with a few tweets.. lime the rest of the world,I'm gunna roll a dice in the new year for a delivery date..
Shame,the Black Edition is a great specced van for the £,& would av suited us,but the colour isn't some I could live with for long ,my bi-folds look innit though..

MRT are doing them I believe ? The only prob with a Abt / Leighton etc etc van is they won’t have the virtual dash , which I live in my cars . With discount I got the black edition for a few quid more than the quote I got for a Sportline .

Didn’t know that , I would still worry about warranty claims etc with that , and would assume that the price I have seen from Leighton to get the same spec as a black edition would be big bucks . I specked up a high line to black edition and it was the same price , without the dash / body kit / suspension / wheels !

Back