T6.1 Sportline black edition - release date

Black edition is the Pure Grey so I’m led to believe but with bigger media screen and matt wheels and side bars, decals, tinted windows and coil overs. Won’t take a lot to change a ‘normal’ pure grey Sportline into a Black Edition.

Will I see mine in December/January or will the build date change.
I’ve just been told there is an 8 week further delay on black edition due to the infotainment parts shortage, I never had a build date anyway so doesn’t really bother me too much , but from what I’m told everyone’s build dates are now delayed ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

You could do but it still won’t actually be a Black Edition. I did ponder on just getting a Sportline to get it in Indium Grey but Pure Grey is ok just doesn’t match the photos in the brochure.

I had build week 50, was hoping they would push to get the Black Edition’s out quicker but am not in any rush it’s more about getting a decent price on my existing van.

I was Build week 31 for black ed , that is not happening ..

Vw have shut down for holidays as well ..
sport line launch is put back..
Sit tight it will happen .

My build date was 2nd week in December , wonder if they will do them all at once ?

Hey guys, Updated today, they stopped taking orders for the limited edition last month. As Craigsom says they’re delayed in production with parts as well as the factory closed for the holidays.

My invoice for ‘normal’ Sportline is still ready for october. Spoke to dealer yesterday. Not holding my breath……

Lol it’s all doom and gloom with the lead times!
anyone got any upgrade plans with either the black edition or stock sportline?

I originally was upgrading a blackline until I saw the colour in the flesh,then fancied the gold on a normal one,as colours are v personal,I opted for a big spec highline in Ascot Grey.

Van ordered is a t32 Swb 204 dsg Kombi:
Rear view camera 300.0
Heated driver and front passenger seats 378.00
LED headlights with LED daytime running lights and LED tail lights 1,308.00
High beam control 168.00
Electronically controlled front air conditioning system and second heating system in passenger compartment 318.00
Electric sliding door driver and passenger side 1,188.00
Electric tailgate with windows 720.00
Washer fluid level indicator 60.00
Discover media navigation system including streaming and internet 1,356.00
Solid - Ascot grey 00.00
2 bench seats on driver side and individual seat with easy entry on the passenger side in 2nd row seats 162.00
Carpet floor covering in cab 120.00
TPMS (Tyre pressure monitoring system) 180.00
First aid kit with warning triangle and safety vest 60.00
Mudflaps 168.00
92Ah battery and uprated alternator 264.00
Non height adjustable driver swivel seat and armrest 132.00
Non height adjustable passenger swivel seat and armrest 132.00
Front and rear parking sensors with park assist

I think that's it..lol

My upgrade options are as follows:
bilstein suspension ,coils,air tbc
Big brakes yellow,Forge,Brembo
Alloys 20",Augment,Porsche (fuchs),or Judd 311r's
Digital dash
Full Racline GTS package,with Interior fully lined,& trimmed out in Audi grey, Alcantara,double stitched light blue,light blue seat belts,full carbon pack Inside & out,front seats will be Recaro.
Shark grey perf leather,double light blue stitched Alcantara centres,or Porsche rings,(tbc)

As you can see,a no expense spared build ,I'm like a 5 year old in Toys r us.

Last edited:
Got a new build date of week 8 2022, I reckon it’s going to be a whole year from ordering to receiving.

Ffs! Want mine a month before my Ford Custom goes back in April!
might cancel and wait for the ID commercial electric!!

Ffs! Want mine a month before my Ford Custom goes back in April!
might cancel and wait for the ID commercial electric!!
I think dates people have been given at the onset is a pipe dream,looks like the 150 engine may come thru sooner,as its built at another plant,but mines a 204 & was told a year lead time,when I ordered 6 weeks ago, I'd take it tomorrow, but I know its not happening.

Not sure about the lekky jobs yet either..

I had an email through sauing mine was still down for Dec build / late jan delivery . Dont believe it, but the garage seems to ! Time will tell ...

Back