T6.1 Sportline black edition - release date

I didn’t think you could get the sportline in 4motion, I would have gone for it if I’d have known. I ordered mine March and build week is 48. I can’t wait to actually see one in the flesh.
Pretty sure there only FWD certainly not available as 4motion when I ordered mine and not in the online spec.

Pretty sure there only FWD certainly not available as 4motion when I ordered mine and not in the online spec.
Yes, sorry colinsunbeam - You are correct, they don’t offer a 4 motion version with the Sportine models. I’ve double checked this now!

Sounds the same as mine. I went for Pure Grey LWB with just the addition of bigger fuel tank. Not 4motion though.
Yours (Jimvan) seems to be only taking 5 months. I was told I could delay mine until March 2022 as my lease van goes back in April but I don't mind if it comes a bit early. Christmas pressie lol.

What options did you add on Jim??

BJ
Originally is was quoted for March 2022, for some reason it seems to have been pulled forwards. (I’m certainly not complaining)!
The Kombi looks to come with more standard kit that that of the Panel Van, but I added the following options:

Traffic Sign Recognition

Washer fluid level indicator and heated washer nozzles

Active Lane Assist with Side Assist. Only in combination with a tailgate

Electric sliding door driver and passenger’s side

Mounting rails on the roof (preparation for removable roof rack)

Tailgate with window, electric

Tow bar removable/lockable (including trailer stabilisation)

Electronically controlled front air conditioning system and second heating system in passenger compartment

Basic CFCU with terminal block

Programmable parking heater (air) with radio remote control, auxiliary heater (coolant) and second battery. Only in combination with a single front passenger seat 3TH and basic CFCU with terminal block

In addition to this, id like to upgrade the speaker system, add the Revo Stage 1 map then insulate and carpet the back….. and upgrade the Alarm!

Sounds great! Wonder who’s gonna be the 1st to own one and get it on the road.

Lol - As said earlier in the thread, really looking forward to seeing one in the flesh, first time buying a vehicle based on 3D rendering! Probably be nothing like!
Yeah! It looks too low in the brochure pictures. 30mm lowering springs but looks like my old van -100mm on VMaxxes!!

That is very nice indeed. Love the rear look. That’ll look great on my new Sportline. Same colour too. Pure Grey.

Yeah, smart looking kit, but I prefer oem personally.
Can’t beat a factory fit out, especially when these companies are charging nearly 60k + vat for a new van, might as well order it to spec.

I was told dealers arnt gettin theres until March,so no one will have them before they get there demos.

I was gunna order one,as its great value,but couldnt live with the colour over time,id get bored with it,so ordered a similar spec highline in Ascot grey,then taking it to Raceline for a GTS pack..

All Sportlines are built here in the UK, off a Highline, so if the relevant VW partner has the kits, they may well come earlier.

Im a bit miffed, as the new front looks mint.

My dealer said they are getting one in in August. He said he would call me when it’s in to pop down and have a lookey.

I was told dealers arnt gettin theres until March,so no one will have them before they get there demos.

I was gunna order one,as its great value,but couldnt live with the colour over time,id get bored with it,so ordered a similar spec highline in Ascot grey,then taking it to Raceline for a GTS pack..

All Sportlines are built here in the UK, off a Highline, so if the relevant VW partner has the kits, they may well come earlier.

Im a bit miffed, as the new front looks mint.
The Highline don’t come with a digital dash so most bits are intstalled in the factory.

My dealer said they are getting one in in August. He said he would call me when it’s in to pop down and have a lookey.
Yep it would be really good to see one for sure. Like everyone else on here I'm not holding my breath but starting to feel more optimistic now...which dealer are you with?

JCB Sittingbourne.
Did you add on many extras? If you do that delays it apparently. I only added a bigger fuel tank as that’s enough for me. Most things on it come as standard anyway so didn’t bother. My receipt shows October delivery but I’m in no rush as leasing a Transit till April anyway.

JCB Sittingbourne.
Did you add on many extras? If you do that delays it apparently. I only added a bigger fuel tank as that’s enough for me. Most things on it come as standard anyway so didn’t bother. My receipt shows October delivery but I’m in no rush as leasing a Transit till April anyway.
Just ordered heated washer jets and 2+1 rear seats. Would have liked the bigger fuel tank but didn't realise it was an option when I ordered it..

Hi just been informed my black edition had a build week this week! Been told it should arrive late August. Keeping everything crossed...
Lol fingers crossed for you! I’ve had my July 19th build and August delivery put back until last week in October.
As reedspeed said, the sportline kits are put on in the Uk, so once it’s left the factory you could still be looking at a couple of months, so could be December maybe?

Last edited:
Back