T6.1 SOS Error: emergency call. Workshop!

SimonMRT

This just came up on my Caravelle T6.1 Error: emergency call.Workshop! any one have any ideas? See photo attached. Thanks!!!

ERROR T6.1.jpg

If you type into Google, "vw display sos error emergency: call workshop" you'll see that you are not alone!

Don't quote me on it but I have seen several reports of this on the T6.1 and the T-Cross models - there is a fault somewhere that VW cannot find!
T6.1 SOS Button Fault no help I know but other reports of problem.

My T6. 1 panel van is doing the same , probably 2 or 3 times a week , had it plugged in at vw and they think it's the control module up in the roof console that's at fault but weren't sure.we're happy to order a new one in but would need the van possibly for a couple of days , that's no good to me so gonna see what develops on the forum

SWMBO’s Octavia does it as well as the 1.5tsi stutter when cold - dealers say they’ve fixed it twice but its still there!!

I’ve recently had a fault with the auto lights, auto wipers, and alarm sensors. This was due to a pinched cable above the headlining, near the roof console. Yours could be a similar issue. Mine happened at about 3 months old

This SOS fault has started happening on my T6.1 at 11 months old. Incredible how my 2013 T5.1 is still going strong without ever having a problem and the T6.1 is already falling apart!

hi all

does anyone know if this issue has been figured out yet by Vw
mine started doing it on saturday,

its a 70 plate 6.1?

cheers

Guess I’ve just joined this club now - nothing in carista to reset T6.1 69 plate with 19.5k

1A8415FC-5AB0-4771-8CB0-8333CA18E231.jpeg

The Service Dept sales figures are down and it’s nearing the end of the month, got to meet targets!

My Arteon developed a fault with the telephone system - I could hear callers but they couldn't hear me. After VW stripping a lot of the car to bits it turned out to be faulty SOS module interfering with operation of system. Apparently there are lots of faulty modules all over - I believe Mercedes have recalled thousands of cars and VWs are affected too. Google search produces results. I'm hoping my 2019 T6 was built before the faulty modules became prevalent. The module can interfere with different aspects of the system not just the phone.

Less than 200 miles on the clock in my new Kombi and I just had the same message. I was on the phone - I could hear the caller, but the line was “dead” at the other end.

Stopped. Turned off. Got out. Locked up. Got back in and it still came up with same error and hands free still “silent”.

After about 5 mins, error light went out and van automatically dialled the SOS number, which I cancelled.

Phone then worked ok.

Love the Kombi - HATE all the infotainment / software issues…

I’m not quite at the stage of sending it back as not fit for purpose, but I am very very close.

1362512B-B978-4EF8-8288-FF99C52AD368.jpeg

Less than 200 miles on the clock in my new Kombi and I just had the same message. I was on the phone - I could hear the caller, but the line was “dead” at the other end.

Stopped. Turned off. Got out. Locked up. Got back in and it still came up with same error and hands free still “silent”.

After about 5 mins, error light went out and van automatically dialled the SOS number, which I cancelled.

Phone then worked ok.

Love the Kombi - HATE all the infotainment / software issues…

I’m not quite at the stage of sending it back as not fit for purpose, but I am very very close.

View attachment 125088
I had the same issue on my T6.1 Transporter. Not quite the same mileage as yours but still <6k. Took it into VW Vans Beeston and they said there was a new part needed which is now on backorder. Am waiting for them to call it back in. All under warranty though. It's a campervan conversion too and there was no griping about that either.

My Arteon is in again with a nav system fault. This time the nav system makes a strange whining noise and then crashes and reboots. Happened 3 times in 120 mile journey. ACC and traffic signal recognition not available during down time. I’m left wondering whether there could be a more dangerous failing next time. Car has done 6k since new. I’m thinking of changing to a Toyota Camry / yes it’s boring but I might actually have a car to drive!

My Arteon is in again with a nav system fault. This time the nav system makes a strange whining noise and then crashes and reboots. Happened 3 times in 120 mile journey. ACC and traffic signal recognition not available during down time. I’m left wondering whether there could be a more dangerous failing next time. Car has done 6k since new. I’m thinking of changing to a Toyota Camry / yes it’s boring but I might actually have a car to drive!
There's a lot to be said for simplicity. The new Grenadier won't have a built in satnav, Ineos say people prefer to use their phones! Probably a good move.

Had the same issue with my T6.1. New February gone. I wasnt half a mile from the dealer after collecting it when it started dialled out the SOS call. Cancelled it of course but did it a further 3 times on the way home. Back to dealer the next day an got the usual 'if the fault doesnt happen when its at the garage then it doesn't exist, reply.
Told it would go away. Took 4 visits in the end (and probably 60 SOS Call outs) for them to get in a replacement module and swap it out. Just a pain. And today the van is going back for its 6th visit to try and cure the 'Oil Overfill' high level issue. This will be visit number 10 in 7 months.

That’s interesting my safety camera systems lane assist/traffic signs etc won’t calibrate & VW master tech said the SOS was throwing an error on their diagnostics at the same time.
I wonder if it’s the SOS system that’s affecting the camera module on mine??!

Back