T6.1 SOS Error: emergency call. Workshop!

We have the same, 6 month old t6.1 apparently no sos modules left to be ordered so the warming message just stays on permanently..... brilliant for a £40k vehicle, but at least it's nothing serious.

• Sad
Reactions: JOG
Same here less than 2k on the clock T6.1 and it’s come up several times now. So do I need to book it in then ?

770EB784-AA06-4AEA-B29C-88818852F554.jpeg

I got this error when I picked up the van a week ago. However, I panicked as I read "Error: Emergency. Call Workshop" instead of what it actually said. And who said grammar is not important? :rofl:

The error had cleared by the time I got home though and has never appeared again.

When mine came on I too wondered if a helicopter was about to arrive and 15 fully equipped VW technicians come down in ropes to attend to my vans every need...... sadly it just a faulty SOS sensor which was out of stock anyway

Hi Jonah! Did you manage to find out what was causing this? I've got exactly to he same fault. Seems to be indicating an issue with the steering. It's intermittent and everything seems to be working fine.
No fix to report. Seems to reset after ignition off for about 30mins. Not had it occur for while. Software gremlin? I’ve logged it with the service workshop but it hasn’t gone in as there currently isn’t a hard fault to investigate.

Just out of interest, I noticed your flat tyre sensor warning light is showing. Does this happen often?
My tyre pressure sensor comes on loads...never once actually lost pressure though. Mentioned it to the dealer last time it was having work done and they forgot to look into it !!!

My tyre pressure sensor comes on loads...never once actually lost pressure though. Mentioned it to the dealer last time it was having work done and they forgot to look into it !!!
Yep, I have exactly the same problem - always the near side front wheel! Given that my van still has all the original tyres with exactly the same mileage on each the dealer can't figure out why it keeps going off. Going in for an oil change shortly so am going to let them keep it until it is fixed.

Yep, I have exactly the same problem - always the near side front wheel! Given that my van still has all the original tyres with exactly the same mileage on each the dealer can't figure out why it keeps going off. Going in for an oil change shortly so am going to let them keep it until it is fixed.
Let me know how you get on...

Hello everyone, I seem to have developed this issue too just the other day. I get a bell sound and this error warning which disappears once the engine is started. It's a 21 plate T6.1 and just over 3K miles. While I see quite a few people have also experienced this, I can't see whether it is something to worry about or whether anyone has actually had the matter resolved or has it resolved itself for anybody??

warnlight (2).png

My T6.1 is due into a VW van centre in a week or so. We had to wait a fair while for the module to come in but it's being replaced under warranty so will be able to report back whether it's fixed in not too long. To be honest it only shows up intermittently, I'd say about 1 drive in 10, so it's not too much of a bother. Just felt like I should get it sorted.

Hi,

16 weeks after first reporting this problem to VW and still no fix.

So, I emailed the entire board of UK and German Directors and asked WTF ?

(If you google this error message, it’s a known fault across the entire VAG range - the Guardian newspaper picked up on it earlier this year)

(( link : VW, Audi and Skoda owners angry over fault in SOS warning system ))

After being overtly on their case, it would appear that a software update is now available, as of 18/11/21, but I have been advised my VW will need to go in for it to be updated.
(I did ask if it could be updated over the air remotely, but no answer to that yet).

After 16 weeks of waiting for a fix, I’ve now been advised that there is a 2-3week further wait until they can book me in !

This is likely to be the last VW I purchase (personally and for my fleet) - lovely vehicles, but too many software glitches and complete lethargy from VW to acknowledge and fix.

If you have a similar issue, or another that you cannot get resolved, THE BEST EMAIL ADDRESS FOR VW ACTION IS THEIR CEO IN GERMANY :

herbert.diess@volkswagen.de

I hope you all manage to get your VW’s fixed, I will be outing mine soon and going back to Mercedes - not quite as nice a ride, but I’ve found them to be more reliable and customer centric.

Regards,

My T6.1 is due into a VW van centre in a week or so. We had to wait a fair while for the module to come in but it's being replaced under warranty so will be able to report back whether it's fixed in not too long. To be honest it only shows up intermittently, I'd say about 1 drive in 10, so it's not too much of a bother. Just felt like I should get it sorted.
Yes I get the feeling it's nothing to worry about but while still under warranty I should probably get it sorted. Hope it fixes the problem for you.

Hi,

16 weeks after first reporting this problem to VW and still no fix.

So, I emailed the entire board of UK and German Directors and asked WTF ?

(If you google this error message, it’s a known fault across the entire VAG range - the Guardian newspaper picked up on it earlier this year)

(( link : VW, Audi and Skoda owners angry over fault in SOS warning system ))

After being overtly on their case, it would appear that a software update is now available, as of 18/11/21, but I have been advised my VW will need to go in for it to be updated.
(I did ask if it could be updated over the air remotely, but no answer to that yet).

After 16 weeks of waiting for a fix, I’ve now been advised that there is a 2-3week further wait until they can book me in !

This is likely to be the last VW I purchase (personally and for my fleet) - lovely vehicles, but too many software glitches and complete lethargy from VW to acknowledge and fix.

If you have a similar issue, or another that you cannot get resolved, THE BEST EMAIL ADDRESS FOR VW ACTION IS THEIR CEO IN GERMANY :

herbert.diess@volkswagen.de

I hope you all manage to get your VW’s fixed, I will be outing mine soon and going back to Mercedes - not quite as nice a ride, but I’ve found them to be more reliable and customer centric.

Regards,
Brilliant. Thanks for that. Is the update you're having done something that'll be done while you wait?

Brilliant. Thanks for that. Is the update you're having done something that'll be done while you wait?
I have waited 16 weeks ! :)

I have no idea, I have the UK Executive Complaint Manager trying to book my VW in still - so regrettably, mine is still not fixed, but I’ve been told “it will be soon”.

Sorry I could not be of more help - however that email address above definitely got the “factory fix” cogs turning.

Last edited:
@KentKombi Ha, yeah, totally unacceptable but you seem to have done all you can. I'll be saving that email. I love my van but don't want issues outstanding whether important or not especially as it's under warranty. I'll ring the dealership next week and see what fob off I get . Thanks for your help

Hello everyone, I seem to have developed this issue too just the other day. I get a bell sound and this error warning which disappears once the engine is started. It's a 21 plate T6.1 and just over 3K miles. While I see quite a few people have also experienced this, I can't see whether it is something to worry about or whether anyone has actually had the matter resolved or has it resolved itself for anybody??

View attachment 137008
Mine has just had a new module fitted and a software upgrade....done the trick so far.

Back