Skyline pop top & SOS fault

Drebin

Hi all, hope you can help.

I have a t6.1 with a skyline pop top, as part of this they relocated the aerial to the back of the pop top.

Recently I've been getting the sos fault and to take it to vw. When I rang them they immediately said it just needs the update.

However after them having it for most the day they said that they would not do the update as a fault code was coming up saying that the aerial was not connected (something along those lines). I asked how this would be possible if my radio works fine, phone calls etc as well as the sos intermittently. But they blamed this for the sos and not the required update.

Has anyone had this issue or can help? Feel like I'm just being fobbed off by them. I spoke to skyline and they said its literally just a plug in adaptor so not sure where I stand.

Thanks in advance

I’m afraid I would take the VW view here. If the SOS is showing as not connected, and Skyline have relocated it, then Skyline need to fix it.

The radio arial and SOS are different things, and I would expect phone calls are using Bluetooth/CarPlay to your phone rather than roof arial (again very happy to be corrected here).

What I can't understand is how it sometimes works and others times doesn't. You would think if it was disconnected it just wouldn't work

Hey, I’m currently looking into getting a pop top for my 6.1 and was considering skyline. Has your issue now been resolved? If so how was it fixed?

Back