Sos error affecting GPS on phones

Dubious

Hi all.
I’ve been having the SOS emergency call since I got the vehicle (6.1 T32) however recently I’ve noticed that when the error kicks in and the SOS light does not turn green, it really messes with the GPS on my carplay connected phone. This happens with all the maps apps and occurs even when the phone is not connected on carplay.

Has anyone else found this and has anyone found a fix?
cheers!

Not on the van, but I had it numerous times on the Superb. If I held the SOS button in for 30 - 40 seconds, it started an SOS call, cancel that by pressing the button again and it reset itself. Eventually got Skoda to admit to an issue and put new software on though.

Hi All

I’ve had my van for a total sum of 3 days now and I keep getting a SOS error. Does anyone have any ideas

Sorry it’s a t6.1

There does seem to a persistent number of 6.1 vehicles with faulty SOS modules. If it's that close to purchase take it up with the vendor and get them to replace it.

At least you are getting a fault indication, other folks seem to get all the problems but the module (incorrectly) says it's fine, and that's much trickier to progress warranty wise.

Back