T6.1 OEM Reversing Camera is poor

Ignore the photos I sent, as mine is located OEM position. As said above thats not OEM so would give a totally different view

Iv literally just taken delivery of this from the factory like this and added it as an option when ordering the van. Not sure if it’s a new location but I fully agree it looks awful and is not what I was expecting.

Look at the options on the van's data sticker to see it the camera is on there as an option, or ask the dealer to get a copy of the build sheet which should show it too. If it's not on them, then it will be a dealer retro fitted camera to cover up someones mistake.

Look at the options on the van's data sticker to see it the camera is on there as an option, or ask the dealer to get a copy of the build sheet which should show it too. If it's not on them, then it will be a dealer retro fitted camera to cover up someones mistake.
Hi, it’s on the build sheet from the start of December as a factory fitted option.
2C119F3B-65C6-4345-8B85-820907E48451.jpeg

That's the order form, not the build sheet that the factory would have to work from. Can you post a picture of your data sticker?

That looks like a retro fit to me - don’t know how they can put that right easily as you now have a hole in your new door ☹️

That's the order form, not the build sheet that the factory would have to work from. Can you post a picture of your data sticker?
Do you know where the sticker is. It’s at my detailer just now so I can ask him to get a photo. Thanks Mark

I guess he can ask them to fit a brand new door, or reject the van.
That’s exactly what I will be doing if they cannot sort this one. I ordered it in December when ordering the van specifically so I didn’t have to do a retrofit. I absolutely did not expect this horrible stuck on job! 6 months later the van arrives with that.
Mark

Just ran your VIN through and your build sheet shows that as a factory fit camera

Camera systems/surround sensors KA1 With rear view camera system (type 1)

T6 could not have rear camera on barn doors was only available on tailgate vans, this is obviously something that has changed now and this is the solution ?

Just ran your VIN through and your build sheet shows that as a factory fit camera

Camera systems/surround sensors KA1 With rear view camera system (type 1)

T6 could not have rear camera on barn doors was only available on tailgate vans, this is obviously something that has changed now and this is the solution ?
I have just being doing a bit of searching on some of the groups on Faceache. It seems that this is in fact how OEM cameras are fitted on barn doors.

Thanks everyone. I have to say I was very disappointed to see such a crude installation. Going forward I can accept how it is fitted albeit ugly however not the awful quality of the actual image plus the fact you cannot actually see the back of the van. As far as I’m concerned if that cannot be fixed I’ll be seeking a refund and fitting something else.
Thanks Mark

That’s just odd-why on earth wouldn’t they fit it by the number plate light same as a tailgate???

You would have hoped they could have done something a lot better than just sticking a camera in the middle of the back door. Even if it was after market it’s a poor install.

Back