Bike rack and reversing camera

Caston82

Hi, i’m intending on fitting a reversing camera and will have a towbar bike rack in the future. I was thinking of getting a tailgate reverse light with camera inbuilt. Anyone done this and can you see over the bikes? If so any recommendations on manufacturers, can only find an MZOrange one online and it looks a bit cheap. Connecting it to a Pioneer DA360. Thanks in advance.

Colin

Hi, i’m intending on fitting a reversing camera and will have a towbar bike rack in the future. I was thinking of getting a tailgate reverse light with camera inbuilt. Anyone done this and can you see over the bikes? If so any recommendations on manufacturers, can only find an MZOrange one online and it looks a bit cheap. Connecting it to a Pioneer DA360. Thanks in advance.

Colin
Presume you mean tailgate brake light camera, readily available and work extremely well being high up

I’ve got a cheap brake light mounted camera from Ali-express. Works brilliantly and gives a great view. We don’t have a bike rack but you could position it to give a view beyond the rack. Ours is set so the bumper jump appears in the bottom of the screen.

I use an Auto Vox TW1 on my bike rack. It's totally wireless and rechargeable but you do need another small monitor in the cockpit when you want to use it.

I’ve got a cheap brake light mounted camera from Ali-express. Works brilliantly and gives a great view. We don’t have a bike rack but you could position it to give a view beyond the rack. Ours is set so the bumper jump appears in the bottom of the screen.
Thanks for the reply, how do you adjust the angle? Can you send me a link to the one you bought please?

Back