T6.1 OEM LED Headlight retrofit

How you got on with the installation of these thanks
Hi , yes am getting there , to be fair I’ve only just got them back out this week to have a few hour on them , il see if I can post pics but it won’t let me for some reason , the current plan is to run the looms out of the t6 led headlights , the main and high beam bolt directly into the t6.1 ones and so does the height adjuster , I’ve just got the drls to figure out which the indicators are in the same part then it’s just a case of tidying the ballasts at the back then there in and working il try post some pics

Yes using the 2 t6 ones out of a 2017 t6 led , I’m also using the looms out of the t6 ones inside the 6.1 ones , the leds are physically the same size so using them , basically t6 led in a t6.1 housing , well that the plan at the moment, I keep changing things , il dig some more pics out

I’m still a way bit off but all been well the t6 bcm should see the headlights as t6 leds and not the t6.1 ones, the drl may show a fault because I think I’m going to have to powers the drl/indicator pcb directly from a 12v switched feed

I have t6.1 factory led in a t5 sport line that Was face lifted I would of thought that would be quite hard

I’m still a way bit off but all been well the t6 bcm should see the headlights as t6 leds and not the t6.1 ones, the drl may show a fault because I think I’m going to have to powers the drl/indicator pcb directly from a 12v sw
This week was the first time since before Christmas I’ve had some time to have a fiddle with them , once I’ve sussed it I’m so it to the new ones that we’ve got

I have t6.1 factory led in a t5 sport line that Was face lifted I would of thought that would be quite hard
To be fair I didn’t think you could run the factory t6.1 leds in anything other than a t6.1 , I tried quite a few ways to connect them to the canbus but failed , I think the only way to do it on the t5/t6 bcm is to trick it in to thinking it’s running t5/t6 , the 6.1 only has 5 wire and the canbus runs the lights , well most of it, the t6 has about 12 so you can control each part of the light

To be fair I didn’t think you could run the factory t6.1 leds in anything other than a t6.1 , I tried quite a few ways to connect them to the canbus but failed , I think the only way to do it on the t5/t6 bcm is to trick it in to thinking it’s running t5/t6 , the 6.1 only has 5 wire and the canbus runs the lights , well most of it, the t6 has about 12 so you can control each part of the light
Sorry I meant I have seen them in one

Sorry I meant I have seen them in one
I’m sure there is a guy in Russia that’s found a way and one in turkey or around that area that has done some , we tried buying them they needed the t6 and t6.1 lights posing out and didn’t fancy risking the best part of £3k if they got lost , fingers crossed il get to the bottom of it, we’ve a set of transporter hq leds in for now till the genuine ones are sorted

Hi have spoke to the guy in Russia but I’m sure he wanted a grand just for the modules spoke to the a guy with them in t5.1 he gave me the details of the company who did his he said they changed him 600 he just took van with lights fitted then they sorted it

That sound pretty promising, if you can find the details of the person that does it for 600 il take it there , saves me a bit more work

Getting a little closer ,got the t6.1 lights working using the t6 looms and modules , swaped the internal leds so the t6 bcm thinks the t6 lights , main beam, high beam and height adjustment works as in the t6 just need to work out how to make the drls work from the t6.1 on the t6 looms then it’s a bit of tidying up on the loom and module housings then there in the van! Hopefully

A3734F43-0DA4-42E0-9A2E-9E7A5D2EA09F.jpeg

34E3096E-22D1-4D13-A527-CDA58245AE55.jpeg

99DCA5E3-76F0-4683-944F-CC979DE13DA3.jpeg

A5A33141-1F42-473F-AD30-844476ADA9CC.jpeg

I don't mean to hijack this thread but forgetting the T6.1 LED headlights do all the standard T6.1 headlights have the DRL in them?

Back