T6.1 Heated Seat retrofit

Knightroturbo

T6.1
VIP Member
T6 Pro
Anybody retro fitted OEM heated seats? If so what parts are required other than the AC/switch unit, heated seat module, loom and heat pads. Anyone got any part numbers??

Thanks

Hi, new to all this, only had van since July, so learning all the time.

Looking at possibly retro fitting heated seats and have sourced the AC/switch unit & heated seat module. Can anyone confirm if these part numbers will work.

My van is a 2021 highline.

AC/heating switch P/N is 7LA 907 426 J (seat switches included)
Heated seat module is 3F0 959 772B

Thanks

Hi, new to all this, only had van since July, so learning all the time.

Looking at possibly retro fitting heated seats and have sourced the AC/switch unit & heated seat module. Can anyone confirm if these part numbers will work.

My van is a 2021 highline.

AC/heating switch P/N is 7LA 907 426 J (seat switches included)
Heated seat module is 3F0 959 772B

Thanks
Hi there, am in a similar position to you but have van with pads fitted already, but AC/switch unit needs t be swopped for one with heated switch buttons...could I ask where you sourced your AC/switch unit from?

Hi there, am in a similar position to you but have van with pads fitted already, but AC/switch unit needs t be swopped for one with heated switch buttons...could I ask where you sourced your AC/switch unit from?
I’m still looking for the AC unit, they like rocking horse Sht. You then need the loom and heated seat module! What seats are in yours?

I’m still looking for the AC unit, they like rocking horse Sht. You then need the loom and heated seat module! What seats are in yours?
So having standard highline Capt seats reupholstered and dropping pads in whilst being done. May end up sitting there for future use as costly to get them set up to work. Looked on ebay etc for AC unit but as you said...scarce....plus the rest that's needed. Seemed like a good idea at the time but there you go .

Just an idea, if you have pads fitted why don't you look for a switch to install that can be positioned on the seat base/ small storage, below the bottom cushion. Then get the power from the fuse board from the engine bay or under the front seat?? Pretty sure someone on here has done something similar to a non OEM seat.

I have seen fonline and forum where folks have done that. I reckon that's what we'll explore at some point rather than swopping the AC unit etc .thx

Just an idea, if you have pads fitted why don't you look for a switch to install that can be positioned on the seat base/ small storage, below the bottom cushion. Then get the power from the fuse board from the engine bay or under the front seat?? Pretty sure someone on here has done something similar to a non OEM seat.

Yes this is an option, I may explore this route as well. Would be nice to have the OEM. There are plenty of Climatic controls but not many manual! The last one i saw was £95, there are a few floating around in europe but all want decent money. My seats have the pads fitted as well.

Hi, I ordered the Kufatec heated seat retrofit cable on eBay but got no instructions. I emailed Kufatec directly but they said only purchases through the website directly can download instructions.

The eBay seller has just stopped responding. Does anyone by any chance have these instructions?

Thanks in advance.

I think that thread is for the T6. The T6.1 loom that I have received only has 3 connections to be made in the car.

Thick power lead that I will connect in the fusebox.
Ground hoop.
LIN wire - this is the one that got me, any ideas as to where to splice this one into?

I think that thread is for the T6.

The T6.1 loom that I have received only has 3 connections to be made in the car:

1) Thick power lead that I will connect in the fusebox.
2) Ground loop.
3) LIN wire - this is the one that got me, any ideas as to where to splice this one into?

I think that thread is for the T6. The T6.1 loom that I have received only has 3 connections to be made in the car.

Thick power lead that I will connect in the fusebox.
Ground hoop.
LIN wire - this is the one that got me, any ideas as to where to splice this one into?
Pin 15 in the black plug in the BCM

Well I was rather excited to get this plugged in, looked at the BCM and there are two black plugs going to it. This is a picture from the footwell looking up. Do you know which one is T73b, left or right in the picture?

Many thanks.

IMG_6620.jpg

as you are sat in the drivers seat facing the bcm the left plug is A and the right plug is C

my hand is on the bottom of the BCM in both pics

1685460011053.jpeg

1685460077636.jpeg

They’re just the covers you can see. Pull one out, if it’s white inside, you’ve got the wrong one

must be plug A then i think as thats the one listed as black

must be plug A then i think as thats the one listed as black
Or is it the middle one (B) as it says it has a brown and black in there. The wiring diagram kindly provided by oldiebut goodie says T73b which would indicate to me that its the middle one. Would you guys agree?

Ah, damn it. The middle one is a 46 pin socket. Scrub that. I will try the black one as originally pointed out.

Back