AC Controller T6.1

Knightroturbo

T6.1
VIP Member
T6 Pro
Hello all you techies out there. If I change the AC controller from the original one to the one I’ve bought to try and retro fit the heated seats, will the standard buttons (AC & recirc) work without any coding, does anyone know??

IMG_2445.jpegIMG_2444.jpegIMG_2446.jpeg

No, you will have to do the flap motor adaptions to get it to work properly. You may also get a fault code for heated rear window,

I have just retrofitted climatronic to a T6.1, so I am familiar with it.

No, you will have to do the flap motor adaptions to get it to work properly. You may also get a fault code for heated rear window,

I have just retrofitted climatronic to a T6.1, so I am familiar with it.
Hi Kev, it’s not climatronic it’s just the manual AC so do these flap motors need doing? I’m sure the rear window can be cleared if I get a fault code maybe ??

Don’t forget that unit is actually a control module and sits on the canbus system so depending what age/model/spec vehicle it was taken from some coding changes may need to be made
I would imagine most of the basic functions of that controller will be hard set into it with the firmware so I would expect some of the stuff to work but VCDS will be required to check/change coding, check errors and perform basic settings

Don’t forget that unit is actually a control module and sits on the canbus system so depending what age/model/spec vehicle it was taken from some coding changes may need to be made
I would imagine most of the basic functions of that controller will be hard set into it with the firmware so I would expect some of the stuff to work but VCDS will be required to check/change coding, check errors and perform basic settings
Thanks Pauly, guess I need to get it fitted and get someone with VCDS to have a look and see if it will work? The controller is from a 2022 highline model mines 2021 highline.

Back