Heated Seats T6.1 - Only just detectable.

Stuka

Hi Guys
I have a T6.1 Camper with leather covered captains seats. The seat heating even when full on is only just detectable. On other cars I’ve owned in the past the seat heating is quite toasty on full and you are in no doubt that they are working. Do I have a problem, or are yours the same. Thanks

I have a T6 with factory heated seats & leather retrim retro fit,
my heated seat buttons have three settings,
the leather takes a few minutes more to heat up before you feel the heat vs cloth but you can defo feel the heat on all three settings.
On the Highest setting the seats get very warm when you are sitting on them After a period of time. far warmer than if you are not sitting on the seats.
I.e. If you just turn them on and put your hand on the seat they don’t feel very warm !

Lots of Leather retrims have additional wadding on the underside which obviously creates more of a volume to heat up vs factory cloth with no additional wadding.
Do your heated seats get warm after a period of time or do they simply not get warm at all ? If the later I would suggest a problem

Thanks for your reply. I tested them by putting a weighted cushion on the seat and the temperature raised to 28 deg after a few minutes. But when in normal use the heating is hardly detectable even on full, totally unlike other heated leather seats I’ve owned which have all been very effective.

Mine are similar and nowhere near as good as the car but they do get warm and keep you toasty. I believe the genuine leather seats have a different element sewn into the leather to get over this.
Have your seats been padded out as above? Maybe speak to the convertor or someone that fits plenty of these like Bognor Motors and see their thoughts.

Thanks Paul
Not sure about seat padding but T6.1 seats have been reupholstered by a reputable leather company. If anyone else has any comments please post. Thanks

Thanks Paul
Not sure about seat padding but T6.1 seats have been reupholstered by a reputable leather company. If anyone else has any comments please post. Thanks
My 6.1 seats have been re-leathered and the heating is still great. Very toasty in fact!

Back