T6.1 new order delays

As mentioned before on here, the man at the factory who fits the special leaky windows is having a wee holiday probably.

Hahhahha true but some are coming through on time. It's weird and unclear what causes some to take the best part of a year and others only a few months.

Currently own a 2015 T5.1 4 motion 180 Bitdi Kombi, which has been excellent.

Ordered my SWB T32 199 4 motion DSG Kombi at the beginning of October, a few options ticked, sat nav, heated seats and washer jets, towbar, unglazed barn doors, metallic paint. Had a phone call from my vw dealer out of the blue yesterday with an update, had initially been given build week 9, its now build week 6, thinks it should be here for the end of march. Asked about the 199/204, he reckons that its only California and Caravelle that are affected, and that it will be a 199 engine avoiding the extra delays.

Currently own a 2015 T5.1 4 motion 180 Bitdi Kombi, which has been excellent.

Ordered my SWB T32 199 4 motion DSG Kombi at the beginning of October, a few options ticked, sat nav, heated seats and washer jets, towbar, unglazed barn doors, metallic paint. Had a phone call from my vw dealer out of the blue yesterday with an update, had initially been given build week 9, its now build week 6, thinks it should be here for the end of march. Asked about the 199/204, he reckons that its only California and Caravelle that are affected, and that it will be a 199 engine avoiding the extra delays.
I hope I get that phone call!

Hi, when did you order your van. I'm interested as I ordered my Highline Komi 4 motion back in March and still allegedly awaiting on the next boat (from china) thanks
I ordered my kombi 199dsg 4 motion, with extras, in August, got built early Dec and delivered to me 23 Dec.

Since then I've had frozen door locks 7 times! Booked to go back to dealer next week.

I will be selling the 17" Devonports soon

I wish I was so lucky as some. There doesnt seem to be an exact science. I ordered 22nd Sept, quoted 12 to 14 weeks! I ordered Fortana Red T32 LWB kombi 199 dsg (2WD). Extras loads, inc heated swivels, heated wash jets two batteries, rear camera, shat Nav, elec tailgate, all side windows only 1 side door with soft close, tow bar, . Oh and just two keys lol. I still have not got a firm build week only provisional of w/c 22nd March. That would be built in 26 weeeks delivered week????? Dealership been very quiet. I think I know everyone on VW live chat by now :)

I wish I was so lucky as some. There doesnt seem to be an exact science. I ordered 22nd Sept, quoted 12 to 14 weeks! I ordered Fortana Red T32 LWB kombi 199 dsg. Extras loads, inc heated swivels, heated wash jets two batteries, rear camera, shat Nav, elec tailgate, all side windows only 1 side door with soft close, tow bar, . Oh and just two keys lol. I still have not got a firm build week only provisional of w/c 22nd March. That would be built in 26 weeeks delivered week????? Dealership been very quiet. I think I know everyone on VW live chat by now :)
I got told build week 5. How do you know if it is a confirmed build date or not? Or do I just trust what the main stealer says?

I got told build week 5. How do you know if it is a confirmed build date or not? Or do I just trust what the main stealer says?
If you build week is "Status 10" its provisional "Status 20" is firm build week. When I go on the chat I simply ask if I have a status 20 yet! I would be happy to hear that!

If you build week is "Status 10" its provisional "Status 20" is firm build week. When I go on the chat I simply ask if I have a status 20 yet! I would be happy to hear that!
Fair enough. I’ve not been on a chat, I just rang the dealer (who is always surprisingly “just about to call me”)

Fair enough. I’ve not been on a chat, I just rang the dealer (who is always surprisingly “just about to call me”)
Sounds like the line you get when chasing an estate agent!

Week 5 is close now, so would be surprised if you get It changed at this stage.

The system is still miles behind. We are being told vehicles are still the other side of the water then the next day the dealer phones to say it’s arrived - this usually takes a minimum of two weeks.

Covid seems to have fried the system!

The system is still miles behind. We are being told vehicles are still the other side of the water then the next day the dealer phones to say it’s arrived - this usually takes a minimum of two weeks.

Covid seems to have fried the system!
Maybe the VW computer has a virus.

So this week is week 19 since order, just got an email from AutoEbid to say they have chased and still no update and no build date. Frustrating but I would recommend AutoEbid for good price and good communication.

Similar story with me albeit not via AutoEbid. Also in week 19 after order (was quoted 16-18 was) - and still no clarity on when I’ll see it.

Buying through 3rd party fleet buyer, so can’t speak directly to VW dealer myself. VW Dealer is apparently suggesting that everything is about 4-6weeks behind, although that doesn’t seem to square with some other experiences on here who ordered around the same time and have had delivery already. Saw that Oli at Bognor Motors said he was getting no build date details and then miraculously the vans are in the UK.

So seems to be something of a VW lottery!! How VW can’t get more joined up on this I don’t know. Always thought the Germans were slick with this kind of stuff.......not so much it seems

It’s now 21 weeks since I paid my deposit and I’ve not received a single update! I’ve chased a few times only to be told VW have been unable to provide updates!
I’m not in a particular rush, but this is such bad service. I know that a van can’t really be considered a premium product, but these vehicles command premium prices and the service which we are receiving is not just dire but totally non existent!

This sort of s**ty behaviour from vw makes me want to show interest in the number of “no win no fee” cold calls that I keep getting for an old touran my wife had during the emissions debacle! I know vw wouldn’t give a damn but it would make me feel better!

Back