T6.1 new order delays

It is totally mental that in the time it takes between "ordering" and "receiving" a vehicle from Volkswagen, a member of this forum can obtain "T6 Pro" status! I've not even got a van yet!
Quite an achievement. Clearly you’ve become an expert!

I wish that were true! I’ve certainly been doing plenty of research thanks to this excellent forum.
Def agree about this forum. Have learned a lot about a van I don’t even have yet. Just need it to get delivered now, so I can start to apply the knowledge I’ve gained!

well guys, just looking out of the windows. I'm thinking..if my van was here I could be out on the drive in this beautiful sunshine freezing my bits off working on it. I know I would have a choice to stay in but the reality is I'd still be out there freezing my knackered 56yr old body putting the b14s on or adding the side bars...you know the sort of stuff you do sitting on minus 2 degrees block paving just for fun!

I started the thread back in August, got confirmation 1st December that mine had arrived ! Happy days ! Ordered in May last year.
The trader is keeping it now till March the 1st, as I’ve decided to delay registration till then.
Garage full of bits waiting to go on.
So I’ve been vanless since mid August as my failed delivery due to be picked up 1/9/2020 hadn’t arrived.
Van will be now a late birthday present

I’ve started collecting parts myself, there’s something quite satisfying about having a stack of boxes full of new parts.

I have just read this post and realised these are the reasons I never ordered a car prior to the getting my van. I have no patience and find waiting for updates on build and delivery times infuriating.

You pay a tonne of money to be treated like this is disgusting.

Spoke to my dealer today been advised build week 5. I guess that’s the first week in feb. They said delivery mid March. Ordered on the 11th November
It seems thats pretty good by VW standards; I paid my deposit on 21st Sept and have only just heard an unconfirmed build date of week 15. I don't reckon I'll have it till week 20 so that'll have been 33 weeks; wouldn't mind if the dealer hadn't said 16 weeks, which had seemed pretty bad at the time!

Yeah, I’m not sure I believe him anyway but they gave me a fixed price on the part ex of my van so it’s just more miles for them

It seems thats pretty good by VW standards; I paid my deposit on 21st Sept and have only just heard an unconfirmed build date of week 15. I don't reckon I'll have it till week 20 so that'll have been 33 weeks; wouldn't mind if the dealer hadn't said 16 weeks, which had seemed pretty bad at the time!
That does seem good.

Re yours Rids, did you order a 200 by any chance? I heard that manufacture of those had been delayed. Something to do with new version of the engine

That does seem good.

Re yours Rids, did you order a 200 by any chance? I heard that manufacture of those had been delayed. Something to do with new version of the engine
No mine’s a 150 4Motion 6sp, reasonable list of extras... which the dealer says makes it a high spec van so they take longer... but that’s the point of a new one isn’t it....

Very nice. Love the Ascot Grey
Cheers,
ordered this without seeing one so was quite nervous about pick up hoping I hadn’t made a huge mistake,looks even better in the flesh tbh

thinking of two toning it down the line but we will see

Yep, 33 weeks when quoted 16 is very harsh. Would not be impressed about that at all. Seems to be some wild variation in actual delivery times vs quoted lead time on occasions.

Encouraged by Dan’s delivery though as mine was ordered the day before on 9th September. 150 HL 6 speed. Hoping the fact it’s a white panel van with only 3 extras should mean it’s not too complicated an order and arrives this month/early Feb as expected.

VW are still quoting 14-16 weeks for delivery, it's a joke.
A few vans ago I waited 9 months for a ford transit, In the end I cancelled and got my deposit back. They wouldn’t even confirm a delivery date or build date after 9 months. That’s a joke

Back