T6.1 new order delays

Yay and whoop!
I have been told today that @BognorMotors are expecting my van on 1st November so they can work their magic on it for a few days prior to me collecting. I will soon physically have a T6... an actual lump of metal to fit all of the stuff that I have overenthusiastically purchased over the last 16 months!

(BTW- I ordered from Bognor Motors on 18th Feb 2021 after being badly let down by a fleet buyer following an original order placed n July 2020. I cannot recommend Oli at Bognor Motors highly enough. He has just been straight and there have been no surprises or problems.)

Due to being so delighted that I will be receiving my new T6, I completely forgot that my Landover Discovery has gone into "Restricted Performance" today! This is the 8 year old car which the T6 was supposed to replace last December! I'm sure it will be a tiny fault and nothing that will stop me from selling it! :rolleyes:
Without the extensive wait for a new vehicle i would have missed all this excitement!

Good to see a few more new ones are on their way, believe me its worth the wait! although i didnt have to wait to long for mine begining of june to end of september,
been busy fitting roof rails and sound proofing and lining the rear area as well as the bulkhead. such a delight to drive with the new electric power steering makes it feel really light, compared to the old system.

Well my provisional week 50 build has disappeared. No date at all now. So frustrating.

Oh FFS @mjn...when are VW going to get a handle on this debacle. Did your dealer inform you?
I emailed my dealer. VW online ‘help’ will give no info. I can’t understand how VW are producing Sportlines when there’s a huge backlog of orders. I’ve voiced my displeasure to the dealer principle.

Would I be correct in thinking the Sportlines are basic PV's delivered to the UK, the converted/transformed into a Sportline here? If so, VW can knock them out much easier than a full spec Kombi etc, I would suspect.

Would I be correct in thinking the Sportlines are basic PV's delivered to the UK, the converted/transformed into a Sportline here? If so, VW can knock them out much easier than a full spec Kombi etc, I would suspect.
I think theyre specced up Highlines and only have the lowering, skirts etc fitted here. Everything indicates that are taking plus 6 weeks after UK delivery to MSRT.

If they are "specced up" Highlines, why are they arriving much quicker than all our Highlines, some of us ordered 12 months ago?

Are VW keen to get these models on the road and to be seen? Because they can't deliver on their current orders , let alone trying to boost the order books.

Reactions: mjn
I was torn between a specced up Highline and Sportline a couple of weeks ago and the lead time issues pushed me away from the Sportline. Dealer quoted 18 months on the Sportline and 12 on the Highline but admitted it was still pretty much a lottery. Mentioned that they had 29 Sportlines on back order and were being told they'd been allocated 1 a month - at that rate T7s will be available before Sportlines!!!

I can live with 12 months and would be changing a lot on whatever I get, so the the lead time and 12K price difference was a clincher for me. You can buy a lot of toys for 12K ;)

Apparently the factory isnt up to full capacity and so every week the backlog increases, they've got problems with individual components (had an interesting comment about DSG shortages a while back that caused production delays but they then gave the slots to manual builds which brought them forward).

To VW's advantage, every manufacturer is having the same problems so theres no incentive to buy elswhere. I feel for those who ordered ages ago and were promised normal deliveries; at least I knew it was going to be along wait.

I recently mentioned that our missing van suddenly appeared at the Port of Eden on the 15th October. Just checked again today and it is already in the UK just waiting to be transported to the dealers.

oh and ours is a DSG so that may give hope to some of you thinking only manual vans are being built.

Hi how many people have been waiting for more than twelve months I’m up to ten months had a build week of 36 that never happened not had any other news as far I’ve ordered a highline van dsg with the discovery navigation and led lights tailgate so frustrated with the wait

Hi all, I’m new to the forum, ordered a SWB Kombi highline with some extras on lease through Vanarama in early July. Given April 2022 delivery originally, now pushed on to June. Who knows?

Hi how many people have been waiting for more than twelve months I’m up to ten months had a build week of 36 that never happened not had any other news as far I’ve ordered a highline van dsg with the discovery navigation and led lights tailgate so frustrated with the wait
Yes now more than 12 months and no build date on one order

Hi all, I’m new to the forum, ordered a SWB Kombi highline with some extras on lease through Vanarama in early July. Given April 2022 delivery originally, now pushed on to June. Who knows?
i believe all non retail orders were pushed back so would explain that.

Looks like I dodged a bullet. I had a battered old '02 Vito that I intended to run until this October when the London Extended Ultra Low Emission Zone came into force. 10 miles up, 10 miles back, bumping over 56 speed humps, right up to the edge of the congestion charge zone, about 100 to 120 times a year as a building manager (fancy name for a handyman). In January 2019 the auto transmission packed up so, more than 2 years before I intended to, I bought, brand new and sight unseen, one of the last 3 auto box petrol kombi's available in the UK. It had a lot of electronic gizmo's I didn't think I wanted and cost far too much money but at least I could pick it up within 3 weeks and if I'm honest it has been rather nice to drive something that isn't at death's door. I could have changed the insurance and struggled on for a while with my 07 Grand Voyager which I gave away a few months later but with the new kombi I now have 5 seats and I could do without 2 sets of tax and insurance.
The chip shortage is not just affecting cars and vans, we have fridge freezers on back order and are kicking ourselves for throwing out spare ones, cosmetically damaged but in full working order, which could at least have been short term replacements when one dies. I don't see this as a problem that is going away soon.

Been following this thread closely the last few months so, thought id share how I’m getting on with my order which is just going from bad to worse. Ordered Highline 204 DSG with a reasonable amount of spec back at the end of March with an estimated delivery around October / November. After a number of months I got a build slot of week 50. Not ideal but I could live with it.

Next time I checked with VW direct I was told week 4, but VW were concentrating on retail customers and delaying fleet / lease etc so it might improve. Called today only to be told it has now gone to build week 24 of next year! Which is an absolute joke. Its the same story speaking to VW Direct that they nave no control, semi conductor issues etc etc.

To add more salt to the wounds I put one of my customers onto the local VW dealer and he ordered a high line 204 dsg after me and had it delivered last week!

I’m just hoping my order is classed as a retail order which I need to check next week as nearly a 6 month jump in build slot just seems crazy

Been following this thread closely the last few months so, thought id share how I’m getting on with my order which is just going from bad to worse. Ordered Highline 204 DSG with a reasonable amount of spec back at the end of March with an estimated delivery around October / November. After a number of months I got a build slot of week 50. Not ideal but I could live with it.

Next time I checked with VW direct I was told week 4, but VW were concentrating on retail customers and delaying fleet / lease etc so it might improve. Called today only to be told it has now gone to build week 24 of next year! Which is an absolute joke. Its the same story speaking to VW Direct that they nave no control, semi conductor issues etc etc.

To add more salt to the wounds I put one of my customers onto the local VW dealer and he ordered a high line 204 dsg after me and had it delivered last week!

I’m just hoping my order is classed as a retail order which I need to check next week as nearly a 6 month jump in build slot just seems crazy
who have you ordered from? sounds like you have gone through a 3rd party which would explain the delays

Back