T6.1 new order delays

Yes - Martins of Basingstoke - I ordered mine last week with a delivery time of Nov/Dec and they had 4 vehs available to build and spec - good luck
Thanks for the tip off. Managed to get on a build they already had in the system so looking at delivery before Christmas now.

Online chat now refusing to give order updates. Dealer tells me I haven’t got a provisional build date anymore. What a shambles

I am celebrating 44 weeks since order this week and finally had enough, I am not blaming the dealer who keeps in touch but has no information to tell me or online chat who also appear to have no information but I am seriously at the end of my tether and would at least like to know I am going to get it in the year after the year I placed the order. I have had a provisional date which then quickly changed to no date in March this year. As such I spoke to chat yesterday and said I know you don't have the information but don't refer me to the dealer as they don't either, where do I go to next and I have now raised a formal complaint. I am apparently due a formal response in 24-48 hours so we shall see.

Glad I have found this thread, I ordered early June for a LWB 204 4motion Kombi and told it would be Q1 2022 but from reading on here that doesn't fill me with confidence

I am celebrating 44 weeks since order this week and finally had enough, I am not blaming the dealer who keeps in touch but has no information to tell me or online chat who also appear to have no information but I am seriously at the end of my tether and would at least like to know I am going to get it in the year after the year I placed the order. I have had a provisional date which then quickly changed to no date in March this year. As such I spoke to chat yesterday and said I know you don't have the information but don't refer me to the dealer as they don't either, where do I go to next and I have now raised a formal complaint. I am apparently due a formal response in 24-48 hours so we shall see.
44 weeks. Wow! Now that is shocking. I don’t understand the process. Surely if you put an order in, it will go in some sort of queue? In a world of technology and robots, they would have some idea even with the parts shortage. Most people ordered before that happened anyway.

44 weeks. Wow! Now that is shocking. I don’t understand the process. Surely if you put an order in, it will go in some sort of queue? In a world of technology and robots, they would have some idea even with the parts shortage. Most people ordered before that happened anyway.
Your post made me count my first order. That's running at 37 weeks no provisional build either. Fortunately for me and with help of the forum I found a van cancellation and repurposed it and its in the drive. Wonder if our dealer is the same....

Online chat now refusing to give order updates. Dealer tells me I haven’t got a provisional build date anymore. What a shambles
I find myself in the same situation, like most on here I suppose, and the most frustrating thing is the lack of knowledge from anyone at VW. I can't believe for one moment the german factory is utterly clueless about their build and order system.

I find myself in the same situation, like most on here I suppose, and the most frustrating thing is the lack of knowledge from anyone at VW. I can't believe for one moment the german factory is utterly clueless about their build and order system.
Exactly. German efficiency my arse!

Hi Guys.. had an update.. that my van is in build.. as of the 12/7... Dealer saying middle of August.. does that sound about right.. ordered a Pure grey DSG PV.. with LED Lights and Tow Bar... Tia

Hi Guys.. had an update.. that my van is in build.. as of the 12/7... Dealer saying middle of August.. does that sound about right.. ordered a Pure grey DSG PV.. with LED Lights and Tow Bar... Tia
When did you order and which dealer if you don't mind the question?

End of March... VW Preston
Grand.. Thanks. My dealer in Sheffield is saying December build from a lateish June order. 4 weeks ish from build to having the keys. Your situation sounds about right. My T5 about 15 years ago was a month order to build and 4 weeks from build to keys. Crossing everything for you. Hopefully VW are getting themeslves back together from parts factory fires, covid related shutdowns/restrictions and parts stuck in the Suez canal.

Im in exactly the same boat, well kind of, mines a Jan order and I got told week 35 but its not confirmed. I've been given dates before though, and they’ve all come and gone. I’m not holding out any hope for a delivery anytime soon, extra time to save up I guess. Good luck all.

Ordered early April, got a date of First week in December and now have a provisional date of mid September. Not confirmed yet but hopefully going in the right direction. I did phone up and add towbar prep / power latching doors though as the wait is making me want to add things.

Ordered early April, got a date of First week in December and now have a provisional date of mid September. Not confirmed yet but hopefully going in the right direction. I did phone up and add towbar prep / power latching doors though as the wait is making me want to add things.
i hope your dealer got that right. Mine was ordered in March and when I asked if I could amend the order last month I was told ‘you can but you will go to the back of the queue again’ with an estimated ETA of early 2022 rather than September 2021. But than again my ETA has been July, November, October, December and now September. And yes those are the actual months in the order provided to me. :grin bounce:

Back