T6.1 new order delays

I’ve had a good look through the sales agreement and discussed the tariffs with the guy who sold me it. He said I’d be liable for them or have the option to return my deposit and cancel. Also what are we protected by until March 2021?
Oh sure, yes you can cancel. Any new tariffs would be effective from 1st April.

Edit: To clarify, on vehicles collected from 1st April.

Some interesting bits of info for anyone with a van on order here

Last edited:
It’s interesting as we have approx 25 VW vans on order, mostly T6.1 but a couple of Crafter as well. They either have a (un)confirmed build week of 47 - which is odd they are all of the same, or just say on order. We have SLIs for all.
We have 1 T6.1, a high spec shuttle, that says build week 39, which is mid to September! Still nothing showing, no update, no chassis number, nothing! The system certainly seems to have been effected by Covid!
It really is a waiting game presently with no answers

Not sure if it helps but I got my T6.1 about a month ago now. Infact exactly a month ago.

I had to wait 5 weeks for mine (stock order) but was told there was TWO highline manuals in the country. One red (which I took) and one in one of the premium grey colours.

Was told that most things are factory orders right now as there's very few stock vans available. And that if I'd ordered at the beginning of Sep I would likely see the van in Feb at the earliest.

I was also told that the Germans are holding on to the vans due to Brexit and taxes.. not sure how true that bit is mind...

I was also told that the Germans are holding on to the vans due to Brexit and taxes.. not sure how true that bit is mind...
From what the VW dealer in the video above is saying, completely untrue. In fact he’s saying exactly the opposite!

Just thought I would add to this!
I had a factory order;
Ordered - 03/06/20
Received it - 5/11/20
However I picked it up literally hours after it came from the ports. Didn’t have inspection/cleaning done by VW. I picked it up from their compound.
So it should of been 2/4 days later then it was.

Ordered mine 22/10. Was told around March, then call last week to tell me it will be here mid December!

Ordered T6.1 T30 Highline with extras (LED lights, rear wash wipe, heated seats etc), Indium gray. Have been given an expected delivery of March, hope it’s correct!

Reactions: Jlo
Got the news that my van arrived in the UK on 13th!!
They said it can about 10 days to arrange transfer to the dealers, so I'm hoping to have the van first week in December all being well!

Ordered 21st August so that will make it roughly 15 weeks from order to delivery!

Reactions: Jlo
Got the news that my van arrived in the UK on 13th!!
They said it can about 10 days to arrange transfer to the dealers, so I'm hoping to have the van first week in December all being well!

Ordered 21st August so that will make it roughly 15 weeks from order to delivery!

Great news! Exciting :)

80% of our orders confirmed build this week. And most of them week 47 which is odd. But it’s better than awaiting build! We still have oneweek37 (early September) that we haven’t even got confirmation of build. Covid has effected van building badly.

I hear today that they are price protecting up to end of March due to brexit.

The engine changes are sure to hold things up further.

80% of our orders confirmed build this week. And most of them week 47 which is odd. But it’s better than awaiting build! We still have oneweek37 (early September) that we haven’t even got confirmation of build. Covid has effected van building badly.
I hear today that they are price protecting up to end of March due to brexit.

The engine changes are sure to hold things up further.
What engine changes?

My new Kombi is still confirmed to be built next week, what do you think the chances are of having it on my drive way this year?

My new Kombi is still confirmed to be built next week, what do you think the chances are of having it on my drive way this year?
Fingers crossed it is!
Mine was ordered 2nd November and I’ll be happy if I get it before end March (provisional delivery date).

Back