T6.1 new order delays

So not just me then!

Is there another way I can see how my order is progressing? I know its a bit different, but when I ordered my RS3 a few years back I was able to track it right through the build process and when in transit. Do the commercial side have anything similar?

Is there much difference with the MY21?
I only got info on the Caravelle MY21 as that is what I have on order but this is what is changing in the MY21 spec:
Caravelle - Removal of inner rails for table. (Middle table rails will no longer be available.) (comment - not sure if this impacts just the SE or all Caravelle range)
Caravelle Exec - deletion of engine cover
All T6.1 - Anti-theft alarm system (The deactivation of the interior monitoring will now be possible through the infotainment system as well as by a double press on the 'lock' button on the key. There will no longer be a button on the B pillar.)
All T6.1 - New technical data (Changes to unladen weights, payloads, CO2, MPG figures across the whole range. New technical data will be circulated closer to the time once full information available.)

I only got info on the Caravelle MY21 as that is what I have on order but this is what is changing in the MY21 spec:
Caravelle - Removal of inner rails for table. (Middle table rails will no longer be available.) (comment - not sure if this impacts just the SE or all Caravelle range)
Caravelle Exec - deletion of engine cover
All T6.1 - Anti-theft alarm system (The deactivation of the interior monitoring will now be possible through the infotainment system as well as by a double press on the 'lock' button on the key. There will no longer be a button on the B pillar.)
All T6.1 - New technical data (Changes to unladen weights, payloads, CO2, MPG figures across the whole range. New technical data will be circulated closer to the time once full information available.)

Ah useful to know! I've got a PV on the way so i guess there will be a few changes there too. When / what do the class as a MY21? I ordered mid september and have a rough build date as end of oct

Ah useful to know! I've got a PV on the way so i guess there will be a few changes there too. When / what do the class as a MY21? I ordered mid september and have a rough build date as end of oct
I don't know when MY21 started (August??) but mine is definitely built to the MY21 spec and arrived in Grimsby last Friday so I guess yours will definitely be MY21 if it s BTO rather than ex-stock.

@Jordy thanks for the info, It would be great if you could comment a bit more when you pick yours up. I have a MY21 Caravelle on order. It will be interesting to know what they do with the table without the middle rails. I also saw on a California forum site mention of the removal of the cooled glovebox feature and no flocked lining to the glovebox as well. I am also hoping the infamous wireless charge feature mentioned in all the brochures as late 2020 makes an appearance as well.

@Jordy thanks for the info, It would be great if you could comment a bit more when you pick yours up. I have a MY21 Caravelle on order. It will be interesting to know what they do with the table without the middle rails. I also saw on a California forum site mention of the removal of the cooled glovebox feature and no flocked lining to the glovebox as well. I am also hoping the infamous wireless charge feature mentioned in all the brochures as late 2020 makes an appearance as well.
Yes I will but it will probably be 2 or 3 weeks before I take delivery. I hadn't heard about the glovebox change. My dealer just gave me a list of changes that were listed against the Caravelle or the T6.1 in general so maybe the glovebox change does not affect the Caravelle. I am not expecting mine to come with the wireless charger as it was built in August but it will probably be one of my first checks when I see the vehicle! What concerns me more is the table rail deletion. Not sure how the table will work if there are no rails. If they fix the table to the floor it will ruin the flexibility of the rear.

Yes I will but it will probably be 2 or 3 weeks before I take delivery. I hadn't heard about the glovebox change. My dealer just gave me a list of changes that were listed against the Caravelle or the T6.1 in general so maybe the glovebox change does not affect the Caravelle. I am not expecting mine to come with the wireless charger as it was built in August but it will probably be one of my first checks when I see the vehicle! What concerns me more is the table rail deletion. Not sure how the table will work if there are no rails. If they fix the table to the floor it will ruin the flexibility of the rear.

thanks, Seems a real strange one with the rails.

This is what I found on the other forum, it appeared to come from a VW dealer but some things seem strange.

• The DSG gearbox no longer has the 'S' mode (Sport)
  • If you spec the Dynamic Chassis Control option the gearbox response settings can no longer be adjusted
  • The navigation map will now display on the virtual cockpit without having to spec the Discover Media Pro
  • Slight Change to the colour of the Davenport alloys - only visible if side to side with old ones
  • Slight change to the colour of the Springfield alloys - as above
  • The alarm ultrasonic's are now disabled through the infotainment system or a double press of the lock button on the key, no longer the button on the b pillar
  • Candy white paint is now £250 option
  • Fly screens were originally not available on T6.1 California, they will now be offered as a cost option but i'm told will not be available until build week 48
  • Sports Pack now available which includes - 18" Black Springfield alloys, LED Rear Tail Lights, Front & Rear under body guards, Privacy Glass, Front Fog Lights. (Waiting for some clarification on this as some of this is standard spec)
  • Driver Assistance Package Plus now available which includes - Traffic Sign Recognition, Active Lane Assist, High Beam assist
  • The Glove compartment will no longer offer a cooling function or be flocked

We have been finding that even though there is no update on the system, vehicles are being built. And then suddenly they are at the port.

We have about 15 vehicles awaiting build weeks presently!
I’m still waiting, and no more news from VW the 3rd party dealer says. My original date was 1/9, hope he gets the call to say it’s at the port soon.

I’m still waiting, and no more news from VW the 3rd party dealer says. My original date was 1/9, hope he gets the call to say it’s at the port soon.
Ask your dealer for the 8 digit order number. Then have a look on vwcv uk and use live chat after 1300hrs. I found them really helpful.

Found out today that mine should be built week commencing 12th October. Doubt I'll see the van much before the new year though.

And nice to see what changes have been made to the spec. Do these changes affect the panel vans aswell as the caravelles? The cooled glove box would have been nice to have, will be a bit miffed if it's been removed!!

Found out today that mine should be built week commencing 12th October. Doubt I'll see the van much before the new year though.

And nice to see what changes have been made to the spec. Do these changes affect the panel vans aswell as the caravelles? The cooled glove box would have been nice to have, will be a bit miffed if it's been removed!!
My Caravelle still has the cooled glove box feature even though the interior is no longer flocked. Dealers should have a full run down of what has changed on the MY21 per product line but I would hazard a guess that the glove box is the same across the entire range.

That's good going that. Less than 4 weeks from build to delivery!! Mines due to start being built today. So if we go on 4 weeks to delivery like you, I could potentially see mine around the 9th November!! This makes me very excited!!!

Ordered a new T6.1 Highline Kombi T32 on 17th July and told it won’t get built until November with expected delivery in December.

What Discounts are about at the moment for new Vans, cannot believe the price of nearly new vans, So a new one it is..

Back