T6.1 new order delays

Of course, learning about things you didn't know were things is very dependent on what you knew in the first place, which in my case was very little!

Here's a few of my things...

T6F stickers ;), rubber door/dash seals, exterior-mirror control buttons with VW badging, VW puddle-lights, upgraded horns, LED footwell lighting kits, Autohaus plate surrounds, pressed metal reg plates, coloured VW badges, coloured grill tashes, gloss-black grills, SpareSafe spare-wheel locks, sound-deadened scuttle panels, Hunter 4-wheel alignment, "big brakes", painted dash trims, paddle-shift steering wheels and probably many, many other things that I've forgotten I'd discovered.
Thank you Bav,
I’ll consider some of those thing.

Reactions: Bav
Ordered with Cordwallis Heathrow, what about you?
Hey Jordan,
Glad to hear that.
I ordered mine from Cornwallis Heathrow on the 10th June ‘21 but still no confirmed build date.
Dealer blames:
1. Covid.
2. Semi-conductors from Taiwan.
3. The war in Ukraine.
4. The spec of my order.
5. 4motion.
What next?

Estimate build date week fifteen but I’ve heard it all before.
So many plans. Life’s on hold. Still have hope though.

Ordered with Cordwallis Heathrow, what about you?

Hey Jordan,
Glad to hear that.
I ordered mine from Cornwallis Heathrow on the 10th June ‘21 but still no confirmed build date.
Dealer blames:
1. Covid.
2. Semi-conductors from Taiwan.
3. The war in Ukraine.
4. The spec of my order.
5. 4motion.
What next?

Estimate build date week fifteen but I’ve heard it all before.
So many plans. Life’s on hold. Still have hope though.
He forgot climate change

Just looking for some hope here .

Latest on build is still status 20 and has been from week 48 .

Has anyone had the luck of it just arriving without status changing to status 30 then status 40 .

Pretty standard 150 DSG kombi , led lights and that’s about it so hopefully not a delay with parts

Just looking for some hope here .

Latest on build is still status 20 and has been from week 48 .

Has anyone had the luck of it just arriving without status changing to status 30 then status 40 .

Pretty standard 150 DSG kombi , led lights and that’s about it so hopefully not a delay with parts
Mine sat at Emden port on status code 30 for a while until the system updated once it reached Grimsby a couple of weeks later but that was over the Christmas/New Year period

In this thread, there's anecdotal evidence that this has happened a few times. We are, of course, reliant on the various dealers being truthful when they told a customer that their van had arrived unexpectedly - it could just be dealer BS.

@Bav What are you saying ? I hold dealers in the utmost highest regard
How did you go with the price increase laid on you or did you just suck it up ?

• Haha
Reactions: Bav
@Bav What are you saying ? I hold dealers in the utmost highest regard
How did you go with the price increase laid on you or did you just suck it up ?
Still in negotiations... well... sort of.

After they rejected my request for them to make a goodwill gesture, I told them they weren't contractually entitled to increase the price due to lack of notification and that I'll buy it for the agreed price thankyou very much. The sales exec immediately escalated my email to their "senior team" and I haven't heard a peep from them since.

The fact they didn't immediately respond with "you're wrong - buy at the increased price or bugger off" gives me hope, but it's been over a week now and I'm unsure how long I should allow them to maintain radio silence.

@Bav seems they have a PhD in knowing how to destroy the joy out of buying something.
If I’d stayed with a basic spec and retro fitted I would have my van five months ago
for cheaper
Still in negotiations... well... sort of.

After they rejected my request for them to make a goodwill gesture, I told them they weren't contractually entitled to increase the price due to lack of notification and that I'll buy it for the agreed price thankyou very much. The sales exec immediately escalated my email to their "senior team" and I haven't heard a peep from them since.

The fact they didn't immediately respond with "you're wrong - buy at the increased price or bugger off" gives me hope, but it's been over a week now and I'm unsure how long I should allow them to maintain radio silence.

Yes,& like you,the conversation has arose re the price protection ,the jury's currently out !
I'm currently, officially in dispute with my dealer over the price rise. Can't say too much, but will update the forum once things have been resolved one way or the other.

Back