T6.1 New Camper Conversion Spec Advise

My wife has a new T6.1 Highline van just arrived for conversion to a camper, we would welcome any advise on spec please. So far basics are pop top, rib bed, no microwave. Single heated seats, 18 inch allows two tone paintwork , diesel heater, .
we won’t be overnighting in it as it is just for my wife to do trips when she gets fatigued due to health issues and needs to rest.
all advise welcome
Michael

Ignoring the obvious suggestions like a kitchen to prepare food & hot drinks... If the main driver is peaceful rest, have you thought about;
  • Blackout Blinds
  • Ambient mood lighting
  • Reading lamps
  • TV and aerial
  • Upgraded sound (especially in the rear)
  • Table (internal but maybe to use outside in the summer with chairs)

If it is going to be a day van/mobile lounge, do you really need a pop top? I'd suggest swivels for the front seats, as I find the passenger seat more comfortable than sitting on the RIB. I'm 5'9", and my feet just about rest on the floor when sitting on the rear seat. Having said that, the chaise longue mode is rather restful. If not using sites and an EHU, then USB sockets to run a couple of fans would be good in weather like this.
A proper fridge is more efficient than a plug in cool box. Are you going to be cooking/making tea or coffee? If so, how much water will you need? Can you get away with inboard containers, or will you need underslung tanks?

Speaking to a conversion company or two will give you more options to consider. I'd say that if you don't really have a definite plan for the van, spend the time looking at others, then decide what you must have, would like, or don't think you would use. It'll be cheaper and better to get it done as you want rather than changing things after.

A rear view camera may be worth thinking about.
A solar panel, or at least just putting the cables in place before the build makes a easy retrofit.
Sound proofing.
Think about USB sockets for charging and which location you would like them.

My wife has a new T6.1 Highline van just arrived for conversion to a camper, we would welcome any advise on spec please. So far basics are pop top, rib bed, no microwave. Single heated seats, 18 inch allows two tone paintwork , diesel heater, .
we won’t be overnighting in it as it is just for my wife to do trips when she gets fatigued due to health issues and needs to rest.
all advise welcome
Michael
If you’re in Malvern as your name suggests, call in on Dirty Weekender in Worcester & have a chat with them.

Back