How should t6.1 headlights work?

F2JON

VIP Member
T6 Guru
Ok this may be a daft question but how to the standard t6.1 headlights work, Tonight I’ve changed my bulbs h7 and h15 drl bulb, I’ve just been out for a drive but when I put my high beam on it kills the main beam?? It just leaves the drl on , I've also noticed that the drl stay on with the main beam is this right ? Has anyone got a t6.1 that could possibly go and try there’s it seems strange to me?? Or can anyone tell me what the issue could be ?

Does it not just need coding so the dipped stays on with the main beam? I'm guessing you had H4's pre face-lift?

Yes that’s right, do you reckon that’s what it is?
I'm no expert, sorry. I've got a set of h7's coming to replace h4's and had been reading up on them and the fact dipped doesn't stay on with main which needed coding on vcds.
I think it works if you pull the stalk towards you, ie. Flash?

Ok this may be a daft question but how to the standard t6.1 headlights work, Tonight I’ve changed my bulbs h7 and h15 drl bulb, I’ve just been out for a drive but when I put my high beam on it kills the main beam?? It just leaves the drl on , I've also noticed that the drl stay on with the main beam is this right ? Has anyone got a t6.1 that could possibly go and try there’s it seems strange to me?? Or can anyone tell me what the issue could be ?
On T6.1 H15 is a 3 lights in one bulb(side, DRL & high beam).
See below.
Was it working correctly with original halogen bulbs?

Screenshot_20211026-200743_Office.jpg

Screenshot_20211026-200905_Office.jpg

Reactions: mmi
Back